AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by Ryan »

Dan told me at the Tremonti gig that they'll be in the studio with AB when they got back together for more webisodes.
Photobucket cash grab.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Cool. Can't wait.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Wow, more than 10 pages since my last view! You guys have been busy, as much AB with the writing/recording sessions. =)

I catched up most of what you had written, but I dont know if somebody already said that Myles just confirmed that is going to be around 10 to 12 songs in this album. I just heard throught AB Brasil Facebook page. Myles sent a DM throught Twitter to them.

AB Brasil
"How many songs you guys are planning for the AB 4?"

Myles
"Between 10 and 12. Sounding good thus far!"

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

^ Haven't heard that before. I'm cool with that, ODR had 11 tracks and didn't really have any filler. Hopefully this one will turn out similarly.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Great news! :)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah. Whatever they do, I'll be cool with it. AB never disappoints. :)

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

pleased to hear this. I think 12 songs should be the right amount for an album. Not a fan of fill ins and I thought AB3 was stacked with them. An Album that included

1. Slip to the Void
2. Isolation
3. Ghost of Days Gone By
4. All Hope is Gone
5. Still Remains
6. Never Born to Follow
7. Wonderful Life
8. I Know it Hurts
9. Fallout
10. Coeur D' Alene
11. Words Darker Than Their Wings

Would have been my tracklisting for the album

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Punch yourself in the face for leaving off Life Must Go On
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Macca wrote:Punch yourself in the face for leaving off Life Must Go On
So I'm punching myself because of an Opinion?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Cthree922012 wrote:
Macca wrote:Punch yourself in the face for leaving off Life Must Go On
So I'm punching myself because of an Opinion?
And one other thing Macca, I've been a die hard AB fan ever since I heard Open your Eyes in 2004. I'v never had someone tell me to punch myself just because of a personal opinion over something that everyone here loves. Life must go On is an amazing song and people can relate to it like no other. I didn't mean to disrespect but I thought this was a forum where I can state an opinion and If I'm being told to punch myself in the face for that than you my friend are what makes these websites just another bully

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Don't mind Macca. He didn't mean anything personal by it, just his Scottish humor lol.

I think you had a pretty good list. I would have left off Breathe Again definitely, and probably Make It Right as well.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Life Must Go On sounds like a bad Creed B-Side... sun always sets, moon always falls... why they didn't grill Myles for that generic cringe of a lyric is beyond me.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Life Must Go On sounds like a bad Creed B-Side... sun always sets, moon always falls... why they didn't grill Myles for that generic cringe of a lyric is beyond me.
Agreed.

It sounds like it belongs to the Twilight soundtrack. It fits the scene where Bella is staring at the window while the seasons come and go. Lol!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Life Must Go On sounds like a bad Creed B-Side... sun always sets, moon always falls... why they didn't grill Myles for that generic cringe of a lyric is beyond me.
Here's something, I do not understand and it does not pertain to your opinion and your post, just something that I observe here from the die-hard Creed fans here. Now, they say that Mark Tremonti's guitar playing from the 1st Creed era-ODR is their preference over the Blackbird/ABIII/AIW era.

What do they think of Life Must Go On, a song that sounds like something from Creed and probably ODR?

For all intents and purposes, I love Life Must Go On. It is a great song from AB III that sets a different lighter/cheery tone than the darker songs (Slip, All Hope is Gone, Still Remains, Show me A Sign).
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think Life Must Go On has a Creed vibe. A Tremonti ballad in Open D5 tuning always reminds me of My Sacrifice though lol.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: no seriously. man card. fork it over.

Post by zazthespaz »

Marcos wrote: It sounds like it belongs to the Twilight soundtrack. It fits the scene where Bella is staring at the window while the seasons come and go. Lol!
someone take his man card.

LMGO is cheesy lyrically and not that impressive to me in terms of guitar work. catchy tune but kind of boring when you analyze it like you would other ab songs.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I'm not a Creed die hard by any means, but it just isn't distinct enough to enjoy it fully. It sits somewhere between Full Circle and Weathered... it kind of gets lost in the generic catalog of songs they are building. And the mediocre lyrics kind of kill it for me. What's interesting to me is how in almost every interview they mention breaking from the Creed sound, yet throw in a song like Life Must Go On.

I'm really hoping they stick to the 10 - 12 songs to avoid wasting effort on basic filler stuff. Should be interesting.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:I'm not a Creed die hard by any means, but it just isn't distinct enough to enjoy it fully. It sits somewhere between Full Circle and Weathered... it kind of gets lost in the generic catalog of songs they are building. And the mediocre lyrics kind of kill it for me. What's interesting to me is how in almost every interview they mention breaking from the Creed sound, yet throw in a song like Life Must Go On.

I'm really hoping they stick to the 10 - 12 songs to avoid wasting effort on basic filler stuff. Should be interesting.
I agree with you 100%. They should stick to a 10-12 song tracklist and Life must go on is a Great song, lyrically wise it deff has a different tone and feeling than the other songs

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Regarding 'life must go on' it helped my friend through a really tough time in his life due to the lyrics of the song, so if lyrics of that song piss off 1000 people but help 1 person through a rough time then too bad for you all and props to alter bridge

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Wow... I had no idea there was so much hate for Life Must Go On. Love that one.