AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: AB IV Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by Jim »

Life Must Go On saved me from making some very selfish and stupid decisions last year. I cherish it as one of my favourite Alter Bridge songs.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

any news on pre production today?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Just photo's uploaded by Elvis on instagram

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Well, good discussion about Life Must Go On an Breathe Again... probably I would not take these songs out of the album, but that is a field of opinion...

What I am more concern it is about the B-sides. Yes, the B-sides. In my opinion, they always take out very good songs and let songs that are not that great (well, still good, we are talking about AB, of course).

In my opinion:
- On My Way Now should be in the ODR.
- New Way To Live, The Damage Done and We Dont Care At All should be in Blackbird.
- Never Born To Follow, Zero and Home should be in ABIII.

I could easily take out songs of each albums to include this ones. But that's is whole different discussion. Maybe to a specific thread...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Roneit wrote:Well, good discussion about Life Must Go On an Breathe Again... probably I would not take these songs out of the album, but that is a field of opinion...

What I am more concern it is about the B-sides. Yes, the B-sides. In my opinion, they always take out very good songs and let songs that are not that great (well, still good, we are talking about AB, of course).

In my opinion:
- On My Way Now should be in the ODR.
- New Way To Live, The Damage Done and We Dont Care At All should be in Blackbird.
- Never Born To Follow, Zero and Home should be in ABIII.

I could easily take out songs of each albums to include this ones. But that's is whole different discussion. Maybe to a specific thread...
Yeah I've noticed that their B-sides are pretty good. (Also I think Gone, All that I got from Tremonti's album were really good as well) But with songs like Home/Zero, to me anyway it didn't really fit in the album But I see where your getting at. Id'e replace Before tomorrow comes and brand new start with Damage done and we don't care at all. And I'm sure I'm about to get crucified for that comment lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Cthree922012 wrote: Yeah I've noticed that their B-sides are pretty good. (Also I think Gone, All that I got from Tremonti's album were really good as well) But with songs like Home/Zero, to me anyway it didn't really fit in the album But I see where your getting at. Id'e replace Before tomorrow comes and brand new start with Damage done and we don't care at all. And I'm sure I'm about to get crucified for that comment lol
I understand if they replaced Before Tomorrow Comes. But if they are going to replace Brand New Start from BB, they have to replace it with New Way to Live. Now, We Don't Care at All is so different from what anyone expects if they think about an AB song.

Now, Damage Done, hmmmm. It is a pretty good song and they do play around with how they time and structure their guitar sound during that bridge. How come that song got never played live?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That's like replacing Josiah with Thrav!

Post by zazthespaz »

Damage Done was a B-side... you're replacing a b-side with a b-side.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I know that part, man. I did not say specifically which songs on the main album should Damage Done replace. Maybe, Before Tomorrow Comes.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I understand if they replaced Before Tomorrow Comes. But if they are going to replace Brand New Start from BB, they have to replace it with New Way to Live. Now, We Don't Care at All is so different from what anyone expects if they think about an AB song.

Now, Damage Done, hmmmm. It is a pretty good song and they do play around with how they time and structure their guitar sound during that bridge. How come that song got never played live?
From looking at setlist.fm they really don't ever play different songs. They played New Way To Live Once but besides that I'm pretty sure they have never played a B-side (I'm not including acoustic versions of ODR besides). Damage Done would have been really cool live along with Never Born to Follow with that Solo Mark Has. We Don't care at all is so different from what AB usually does but Seeing it live would be a change but unlikely ever going to happen

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: MY BAD

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:I know that part, man. I did not say specifically which songs on the main album should Damage Done replace. Maybe, Before Tomorrow Comes.
I was responding to Cthree###### but now that I re-read his post, I realize he was referring to switching 2 songs with DD and WDCAA
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i think they never played The Damage Done because of the solo...they certainly practiced it during soundchecks. i heard it at one of them.
Photobucket cash grab.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: MY BAD

Post by AllC392Was »

I was responding to Cthree###### but now that I re-read his post, I realize he was referring to switching 2 songs with DD and WDCAA[/quote]

yes sir

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Cthree922012 wrote:I'd replace Before tomorrow comes and brand new start with Damage done and we don't care at all.
Blasphemy

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Jim wrote:
Cthree922012 wrote:I'd replace Before tomorrow comes and brand new start with Damage done and we don't care at all.
Blasphemy

Hah, yeah, I'm not into this whole "We Don't Care At All is shit" movement on this board, but definitely Brand New Start is a more exciting (gosh, I can't find a better word to express it) song as far as vision and songwriting are concerned. It contains one of Marks' best solos, hands down.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

dolo1993 wrote:
Jim wrote:
Blasphemy

Hah, yeah, I'm not into this whole "We Don't Care At All is shit" movement on this board, but definitely Brand New Start is a more exciting (gosh, I can't find a better word to express it) song as far as vision and songwriting are concerned. It contains one of Marks' best solos, hands down.
You guys are right. I kinda gave it some more thought and switching Brand New Start with We Dont care at all would have been a really bad idea. Although Brand New Start isn't my favorite song it still is very good. Now switching BnS with New Way to live could have been given a thought but the world will never no!
But Overall AB did a job job with the tracklisting for BB

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

I would have left off tracks 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 from Blackbird
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Lucky you're just some schmuck in Scotland with an alcohol dependency then eh?

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Indeed

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

<3 Jim

Decay

Post by Decay »

From Elvis: Marshall and Flip jammin some sick new songs today at Prepro!!

@marktremonti and @Scott_Phillips laying it down today:)