Orlando - Oct 4th ABNation & Army of 12 Gathering

Make concert plans with your fellow TABN citizens here.
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Orlando - Oct 4th ABNation & Army of 12 Gathering

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I love that chorus, I swear

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:The one thing I can definitely say is that every song that they played off the new album is an absolute monster live. Of course everybody knew the words to Addicted to Pain but the entire crowd sang the chorus to Cry of Achilles, it was absolutely amazing that song is such a beast live in I can't describe how awesome it was to experience the entire crowd singing that song, I think it surprised Myles.

They played Farther Than the Sun and I can't get over the groove that that song has I absolutely love it. I thought Myles sounded absolutely amazing and his voice was excellent.

I only recorded a few songs during the night because like I said before I didn't want to sit there not moving the whole time, once the show started I pretty much knew that that was impossible anyway. I do remember that I recorded Cry a River but I have to look back through the other videos to see what else I recorded because I don't remember. I'll post again once I know what I have
This pretty much describes my thoughts on the show, thanks Tremontifan4life.
I would also like to add that moving Myles to the left of the stage and having Brian in the middle was a real treat. Brian truly shines on this record and his live performance showed. Myles just lurked , watching over the stage as if he was conducting a symphony , except when he would stare into the sky, bathed in the overhead spotlight and deliver those amazing blues and Jazzy solo's. His voice ....damn near perfect...ALL songs sang properly with no bailing on anything.
Also real cool when Myles played the intro to COA and the band just stepped back as if joining the crowd to be astonished.
The band played insanely tight (as click track was mentioned) . Marks lead tone cut through incredibly sharp, the mixing was on-point.
I havent been this excited about new AB songs like this in years. I feel like I did when I was getting into ODR. This record is really special and MY GOD do they sound BEASTLY live. The crowd was DIE HARD!!
It's hard to understand how AB isnt bigger here judging by the fans at the show. Every person in there was going APE SHIT!!

I'll post more later as it comes back to me.

Just amazing....ALTER BRIDGE

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Cry a River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A3lnGZ2 ... e=youtu.be

Excuse my skills

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

It was phenomenal. No words can describe it

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Glad to hear everyone had a great time. When do you think they'll announce the US tour for next year? In december or so?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

December sounds about right. If I recall they actually played a few December shows in the US when AB III came out. Haven't heard any plans for that this time around though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

The one I went to was January 7th, and January 8th was the last show they were playing on the entire tour, which I think lasted around a month

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Andy92 wrote:December sounds about right. If I recall they actually played a few December shows in the US when AB III came out. Haven't heard any plans for that this time around though.
yeah they did. I went to 3 shows in Dec 2010. I was hoping they would have done the same thing this time around, but it doesn't look like it. I think I've heard them say in interviews that a US tour in January is possible. I'm thinking if it is happening we should find out in November. December would be the latest they should be announcing shows in January.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

After that they did a pretty decent sized US tour from March-May in 2011. Then they picked back up in August for Carnival of Madness. So hopefully we'll get at least 2-3 runs this time around. I'd hate for the entire Fortress run to only last a year though similar to the AB III run.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

They'll start in January. Not sure how many shows or if there will be breaks in between let's, but they'll play LA in April. At least that is the goal right now.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

See, what I heard from Dan.. Or Steve? One of them.. Was that they'll definitely be back in UK/Europe in the Spring and for the June festivals. So maybe they can do a 6 week run through February/April or something

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

prslover wrote:
TremontiFan4Life wrote:The one thing I can definitely say is that every song that they played off the new album is an absolute monster live. Of course everybody knew the words to Addicted to Pain but the entire crowd sang the chorus to Cry of Achilles, it was absolutely amazing that song is such a beast live in I can't describe how awesome it was to experience the entire crowd singing that song, I think it surprised Myles.

They played Farther Than the Sun and I can't get over the groove that that song has I absolutely love it. I thought Myles sounded absolutely amazing and his voice was excellent.

I only recorded a few songs during the night because like I said before I didn't want to sit there not moving the whole time, once the show started I pretty much knew that that was impossible anyway. I do remember that I recorded Cry a River but I have to look back through the other videos to see what else I recorded because I don't remember. I'll post again once I know what I have
This pretty much describes my thoughts on the show, thanks Tremontifan4life.
I would also like to add that moving Myles to the left of the stage and having Brian in the middle was a real treat. Brian truly shines on this record and his live performance showed. Myles just lurked , watching over the stage as if he was conducting a symphony , except when he would stare into the sky, bathed in the overhead spotlight and deliver those amazing blues and Jazzy solo's. His voice ....damn near perfect...ALL songs sang properly with no bailing on anything.
Also real cool when Myles played the intro to COA and the band just stepped back as if joining the crowd to be astonished.
The band played insanely tight (as click track was mentioned) . Marks lead tone cut through incredibly sharp, the mixing was on-point.
I havent been this excited about new AB songs like this in years. I feel like I did when I was getting into ODR. This record is really special and MY GOD do they sound BEASTLY live. The crowd was DIE HARD!!
It's hard to understand how AB isnt bigger here judging by the fans at the show. Every person in there was going APE SHIT!!

I'll post more later as it comes back to me.

Just amazing....ALTER BRIDGE
I would add something, but there's nothing more to say. You two got it perfectly.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

I would love to see them again but idk if I'll be able to unless they come to Florida again. I don't have any friends that are true fans of the band and I don't like when I have to bring them to shows and they aren't into it. I'm not sure if anyone from TABN would want to pick me up if i flew in etc but it's a crime to miss this tour and I really want to see more than one show

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/cUtDOPCJvR4[/youtube]

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

^ Awesome
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Cry Of Achilles, Farther Than The Sun and The Uninvited are uploading now.. Should be on this evening!

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Jim sir, you are the fuckin man my friend

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Jim wrote:Cry Of Achilles, Farther Than The Sun and The Uninvited are uploading now.. Should be on this evening!
Awesome! Can't wait to hear The Uninvited! Thanks dude
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Awesome! Thanks Jim! :)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »