HELP! Need tickets for Glasgow!

Make concert plans with your fellow TABN citizens here.
Berni907
Brand New Start

HELP! Need tickets for Glasgow!

Post by Berni907 »

Hey guys, this is my first post on here and I am sorry to say that it is in no way going to be a happy one.

Last week I convinced my folks to come down from Shetland to visit me and my girlfriend and see Alter Bridge with us. I got them into the band a few months ago because I'm a great son and couldn't let my parents live without AB in their lives. They have booked time off work and I've paid for a hotel for them. This is a problem....

Now here's where my MAIN problem lies. THE GIG IS SOLD OUT! This wouldn't annoy me quite as much if it was sold out by actual fans buying tickets, but it wasn't. Again I've fallen victim to the vultures that purchase tonnes of tickets on the day they go on sale just to sell them for £65+ a pop on Ebay etc. (£65 is the lowest price i've seen so far, and that's before even paying for a f*cking stamp).

If anyone could help me out that would be fantastic and I would be forever in your debt.

Here is some food for thought though. Should there not be some kind of way to prevent this happening? In my eyes it is a crime. It is stealing. Literally stealing. They are getting the tickets only for profit and nothing else when none of the money, bar face value, is rightfully theirs. Tickets have a face value for a reason and it should be only that price unless it's last minute and there's a bidding war because that is expected for any good gig. But £65 buy it now more than a month before the gig? Just no.

If there is anyone on this website (and I hope there isn't) that does this then you have NO right to call yourself a fan of the band. A bands fan base is a community and depriving that community of something that is to be shared and enjoyed by all is just plain wrong.

Sorry to be on such a downer but I'm absolutely RAGING!! :slam

Berni907
Brand New Start

Re: HELP! Need tickets for Glasgow!

Post by Berni907 »

Also before you guys go all "early bird catches the worm" I'll have you know that for the last 2 AB tours I didn't think I'd be able to go and bought tickets on the day from the box office. Just chanced my luck every time but managed. This is making me a sad bunny.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Will deffo keep a look out for you! Annoys the hell outta me too these scalpers, it's all just getting worse.

Berni907
Brand New Start

Post by Berni907 »

Thank you Selina.

I think ticket websites should think up a way to stop this from happening. There has to be a way...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Berni907 wrote:Thank you Selina.

I think ticket websites should think up a way to stop this from happening. There has to be a way...
I've been pondering that for some time now. I feel that there should be a no refund clause about a month before the gig and that the buyer gets charged 10-20% of the ticket they purchased that they did not go to. That way the scalper loses more money in the process.

Sadly, that does not solve your problem. Don't worry, there will be a proper and long-term way to get you and other people the tickets at the price you deserve at face value. There has to be a way.

If only, that Pearl Jam vs Ticketmaster battle during the 90s had a better impact that suited the concert goers that wants tickets at the right price.

Berni907
Brand New Start

Post by Berni907 »

I think a clause like that could feasibly work. I think websites like ebay should have a system where they know the face value of a ticket being sold on the website and won't let bids go more than X percent above that amount to keep this from happening.

Also, enforcing the system you mentioned would work. That way Scalpers would lose their business entirely and tickets would be bought only by people actually planning on attending the gig.

NOTE: This could make someone millions if they knew how to program and advertise such a thing to amazon, ebay etc and if you do it, I don't ask for much... but I fancy a new car. Just saying.

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

If you're content with seated tickets then http://www.ticketsoup.com is your best bet! :cheers
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Wow, nice link Patty, it appears that you may have a fair shot at those seats, at the proper price, after all, Berni.

GL man.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Yea, I told him about seated ticket a while ago but he's after standing ones

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, he's probably out of luck then, in obtaining those standing seats. Better take what you can get with about another month to go till the show.

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Ano right! :) Standing sold out quick for Glasgow....better to be there than not at all, would kill me lol

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Tempted by those seated tickets. Was too skint to get tickets when they went on sale and missed out on standing.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Do it! ;)

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Keep an eye on ticketsoup. I got a couple of standing tickets not long ago. This was after they initially "sold out". So there may be more released in due course as they get to grips with the lay out of the hydro?
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

Redmond
Bought The CDs

Post by Redmond »

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Ticketsoup has standing available. GO NAO
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Cheers dude!! I've told Bern :D

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Can't friggin wait for this gig!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

My mate has two tickets for Alter Bridge in Glasgow. They're seated, block 52. He's selling them at face value £26. Get in touch if you're interested.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

Loads of tickets on gumtree