The Tabernacle ( Atlanta - April 19th, 2014 )

Make concert plans with your fellow TABN citizens here.
axlar
Site Admin

Re: The Tabernacle ( Atlanta - April 19th, 2014 )

Post by axlar »

Deadcell, dude. Why didn't you say hello to me!? Lol
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

axlar wrote:Deadcell, dude. Why didnt you say hello to me!? Lol
Im pretty sure I heard you talking once or twice but never actually pointed you out of the group. Sorry man.

My wife already kinda felt out of the loop at the show, so I didn't conversate much with others.
She did end up enjoying herself though and said she has a new respect for AB. Then asked me to rip all of their albums to her phone lol.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Hey man. I wouldn't have judged her! Lol. Maybe there will be a next time someday! :)
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

Great to meet you Chris and Stijn! Overall I'd say it was a good show, considering Myles was definitely not at 100%. During many of Mark's solos he'd go back and spray his throat, and passed up a lot of choruses. He seemed in good spirits though, and the crowd was killer. One of the loudest at any venue I've heard in a long time!

I'm just glad I eavesdropped on the soundcheck to hear Fortress, could very well be the only time I hear that "live".

blackbird_66
Brand New Start

Post by blackbird_66 »

ATL show really rocked! By far the best performance of theirs I've seen to date! I was bummed they didn't do the acoustic bit, and would have really loved to have seen Fortress, but reading above that Myles was sick, I'm not disappointed at all! It was my gf's first AB show and she loved it, even caught one of Flip's sticks! She definitely understands why I love AB so much now! We waited about an hour and a half outside for them to come out, but they never did so we headed back to the hotel!

Can't wait to see them in 2 weeks at Rebellion!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Yeah Myles handed me his guitar pic while on stage and hearing fortress during soundcheck was really cool

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I got one of Mark's picks. I was the first to reach my hand out when he took them all off of his stand so he flicked one at me haha. I'm lucky to have caught it. Stupid me went for it with a vertical palm.

But after missing one of Flip's sticks back in 2005 (hit the palm of my hand, bounced and someone else caught it), I wasn't going to let it happen again :)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

it's so hard to catch guitar picks!!
Photobucket cash grab.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

hahaha funny story about that. So my friend that I went to the Dallas concert with also came with me to a rangers game the day before. A foul ball was hit right at him, and I reached in front of him and our hands got tangled up and we missed the ball to the people in front of us. So when they started throwing out picks, I made it a point to not try and disrupt it, cuz he was so mad hahaha

TylerDurden
Brand New Start

Post by TylerDurden »

Another great Alter Bridge show.. I'm having slight withdrawals from being so pumped for this show and experiencing it. What a great crowd! What a great venue! Next time maybe they'll seriously consider filming an Alter Bridge show at the Tabby! Got to meet some really cool fellow ABers. I really dug Monster Truck as well.. Til next time...

2 days since... Roughly... :peace

csguibault
Brand New Start

Post by csguibault »

TylerDurden wrote:Another great Alter Bridge show.. I'm having slight withdrawals from being so pumped for this show and experiencing it. What a great crowd! What a great venue! Next time maybe they'll seriously consider filming an Alter Bridge show at the Tabby! Got to meet some really cool fellow ABers. I really dug Monster Truck as well.. Til next time...

2 days since... Roughly... :peace

Hey, Chris! This is Ciara from the Atlanta show (you put up with me, my mother, and the "cool" grandma all night). I'd like to catch up with you! Send me an email at csguibault@gmail.com if you wish. Accidentally lost your contact info, and this site won't allow me to send a private message. It was quite an incredible night, huh!? Wish we could do that Tremonti clinic again!!