How early should I arrive at a General Admission show??

Make concert plans with your fellow TABN citizens here.
seej724
Brand New Start

How early should I arrive at a General Admission show??

Post by seej724 »

Quick question, I am going to my first AB show in Chicago and I really want to get good seats; however, because of where I live and my schedules I may not get there until an hour before doors open.

Is this early enough to get good seats on the floor? Or should I try to get there earlier?

Thanks!

AB23
Still Remains

Re: How early should I arrive at a General Admission show??

Post by AB23 »

I was at the dallas show a few days ago. I'm gonna let you know that unless you buy VIP tickets, you won't get the rail. But, at my specific venue (house of blues) while my friend and I were eating, I looked out the front of the venue and saw a huge ass line, and because it was so cold outside my buddy was like hell no I dont wanna wait in that. So I asked the waiter "is there any way we can pass that line since we're paying to eat here?" He told me that if I gave him 20 bucks he'd get me to the front of the line. So I did that. I still got 5 rows back, but pretty decent. The doors opened at 7 for us, and we got there at about 5 30. VIP's will get there at 4 because that is included in their deal.

To answer your question, I'd call the venue to see if they are doing any "pass the line for 20 bucks" deals like mine was. If they aren't get there at around 4 30 or 5. Anytime just after the VIP's are let in. If you show up an hour early, you should still get a good spot on the floor, just not the rail or anything. I mean, when you actually get to the stage, you're gonna be around a lot of drunk people (like myself) who constantly have to piss and get beer and stuff. So if you can hold your spot and move up whenever someone moves, you should be fine.

seej724
Brand New Start

Post by seej724 »

AB23 wrote:I was at the dallas show a few days ago. I'm gonna let you know that unless you buy VIP tickets, you won't get the rail. But, at my specific venue (house of blues) while my friend and I were eating, I looked out the front of the venue and saw a huge ass line, and because it was so cold outside my buddy was like hell no I dont wanna wait in that. So I asked the waiter "is there any way we can pass that line since we're paying to eat here?" He told me that if I gave him 20 bucks he'd get me to the front of the line. So I did that. I still got 5 rows back, but pretty decent. The doors opened at 7 for us, and we got there at about 5 30. VIP's will get there at 4 because that is included in their deal.

To answer your question, I'd call the venue to see if they are doing any "pass the line for 20 bucks" deals like mine was. If they aren't get there at around 4 30 or 5. Anytime just after the VIP's are let in. If you show up an hour early, you should still get a good spot on the floor, just not the rail or anything. I mean, when you actually get to the stage, you're gonna be around a lot of drunk people (like myself) who constantly have to piss and get beer and stuff. So if you can hold your spot and move up whenever someone moves, you should be fine.
Cool! Thanks for the reply!

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

AB23 wrote:I was at the dallas show a few days ago. I'm gonna let you know that unless you buy VIP tickets, you won't get the rail. But, at my specific venue (house of blues) while my friend and I were eating, I looked out the front of the venue and saw a huge ass line, and because it was so cold outside my buddy was like hell no I dont wanna wait in that. So I asked the waiter "is there any way we can pass that line since we're paying to eat here?" He told me that if I gave him 20 bucks he'd get me to the front of the line. So I did that. I still got 5 rows back, but pretty decent. The doors opened at 7 for us, and we got there at about 5 30. VIP's will get there at 4 because that is included in their deal.

Actually, thats not entirely true. The people next to us (on the rail) didn't have VIP passes. But they were in line at 2:00 (doors opened at 6:00). We were just to the right of Mark's mic stand. Many of the VIP's crowded at center stage so this may not be the case for all shows.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

We were 5th, 6th and 7th in after the VIPs (it's something the Baltimore venue does where if you pay $10 you can go into the bar 2hrs before doors and you get a number reflecting the order you came in. You are then let into the venue before the general line in the order of the number you were given) and we were second row. Tonight there's going to be 80-100 VIPs and we're the first group after the VIPs (got here between 12:30 and 1). I have no expectations of being on the rail.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I've had to be at a venue as early as noon before. And there were people there since 9am when I got there.
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Show up about 6 and just shove your way to the front.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

With the VIP and Pass the Line options these days, the all day camp out has become pretty obsolete.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

More with the VIP. With pass the line I just jump in on it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

My advice is too good to just be ignored.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

It depends on the market, I'd say. I just went to see Chevelle in Springfield, Missouri. Showed up 90 minutes or so before the doors opened, and ran to the rail. There was one spot left after the VIP's and I got it. In a bigger city, you might want to show up 2-3 hours earlier.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

What AB23 said is true. With all the VIPs, you're not going to get a spot on the rail, no matter how early you show up. I arrived at 1pm, with maybe 10 people ahead of me in line, and still ended up about 4 rows back.

With that said, the line didn't really start growing much until after 3pm. As long as you don't arrive much later than that, you'll get a decent spot not too far from the stage.