Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Post by JaredWard »

Sounds like their relationship is pretty distant but that's expected after what happened on their last run. Still says a lot about Mark's character that he'd reach out after all of the fighting they did back in 2012.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/AOyK_dwZnJE[/youtube]

There's more on Scott in this video too.

https://youtu.be/9h5VvBpxuQc

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Tremonti on His Relationship With Stapp

Post by Fish Tacos »

I kinda puckered up when I saw the title but this was pretty standard stuff. I'd be interested in hearing about how rehearsals and pre-show rituals went after things started getting tense between everyone again during Full Circle.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

I am just thankful there is no bitterness in his words towards Scott.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rK3cFySeIeo[/youtube]
at 11:30

Mark talks about Creed's future :
To be honest, the last Creed tour didn't end up on a high note. There was again the personal conflicts. I've just got to the point in my career where I don't like feel like feeling any negativity. I like being around people that I enjoy working with. It is what it is.
on Scott Stapp
A lot of people ask me if I reached out, that I need to help him, but a lot of people don't realize in the last 10 years, I've spent hardly anu time with him other than when we were putting together the Full Circle record. So we've kinda been strangers in this past decade. It's not like I know what his day in/day out, comings and goings are

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

The way I see it is that Tremonti, Brian, and flip could drive the machine and initiate the process of taking Creed to places where AB and Tremonti are headed. When I see Tremonti making it happen for AB or Tremonti and not for Creed, it clearly shows they are no into it. For Stapp is the reason, but unless Tremonti and the rest of the guys along with stapp have that personal connection(which won't happen), Creed are done for. Tremonti would have to consider working towards Creed, maybe that's one of the issues fuelling Stapp's depression, seems like the dude feels like nobody cares, you dont want to feel unwanted in your own family. Not saying Stapp's shit is justified,its the bigger part of problem for sure.You can clearly tell that there is no interest from atleast one side to establish the bond that once was. Tremonti has mentioned even during Full Circle interviews that it was a business relationship that he shared with Stapp. Maybe thats how Tremonti always saw it.

If what happened to Stapp were to happen to one of Tremonti's brother's, would Tremonti turn his back? Would he distance his brother? No blames here, just wondering. Clearly personal issues were never resolved.

Hope some day Stapp can get completely sober and put his act together for Tremonti to give a damn about Creed.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's been 12 years since the Chicago show, and they have not been able to get past if yet.
I doubt Mark cares enough about Stapp or Creed to make any effort in the next 10 or 20 years.
For that to happen, I guess :
- Myles would have to commit even more to Slash. Slowly but surely, AB has become the side project, and I don't see Slash slowing things down at all. He's committed to this new band of his, and it's not like GNR or VR is reuniting anytime soon.
- Tremonti would have to be a flop. Playing in front of a couple hundred people a night is fun at first, but after a while, if you want to make a decent living out of it, the band needs to be succesful. It happened with Creed. It happened in Europe with AB. Will it happen with Tremonti ? I'm not sure yet.

As Stapp has said in 2014, Creed "is always there". Just in case everything else goes wrong. As long as AB and Tremonti allow Mark to make a decent living year after year, I don't see Creed reuniting anytime soon.

The sad thing is for Flip and BMarsh. Creed is on hiatus, and AB is barely active. BMarsh already has a job, and I wouldn't be surprised if Flip took one in the near future to provide for his family. There is no shame at all in that, but once they start having normal lives with 9 to 5 jobs, it will reduce even more the chances of Creed coming back full time.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Also, I think, Stapp needs to chill out, Tremonti's management so far have done great for both AB and Tremonti. Who knows what they keep bickering about, but I assume its basic ego clashes. Stapp fears AB's management is gonna be unfair to Creed(citing what Michael was doing), and Tremonti feels Kurzweg's production is commercial(which am sure a lot of fans from both camps would agree, is not the case ) I still think producer wise it would have made more sense for John Kurzweg with the old school setup, and the AB management, I guess thats where the issues arrived. Stapp not hanging out with the guys on tour but travelling separately with his wife is not gonna make these guys catch up on all the time lost. I think Stapp could do with a better management. Am sure his wife being there has a lotta do with his being sober, but thats clearly not working.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Them Bones wrote:Stapp not hanging out with the guys on tour but travelling separately with his wife is not gonna make these guys catch up on all the time lost.
I think Scott said he had to do that in order to stay clean on tour. I guess he thought that traveling with the other members would make it more likely that he would relapse. Although I'm not sure why that would be as I would think the other guys would understand Scott's situation and wouldn't drink around him.

SlapDashJohnson
Bought The CDs

Post by SlapDashJohnson »

chtimixeur wrote:It's been 12 years since the Chicago show, and they have not been able to get past if yet.
I doubt Mark cares enough about Stapp or Creed to make any effort in the next 10 or 20 years.
For that to happen, I guess :
- Myles would have to commit even more to Slash. Slowly but surely, AB has become the side project, and I don't see Slash slowing things down at all. He's committed to this new band of his, and it's not like GNR or VR is reuniting anytime soon.
- Tremonti would have to be a flop. Playing in front of a couple hundred people a night is fun at first, but after a while, if you want to make a decent living out of it, the band needs to be succesful. It happened with Creed. It happened in Europe with AB. Will it happen with Tremonti ? I'm not sure yet.

As Stapp has said in 2014, Creed "is always there". Just in case everything else goes wrong. As long as AB and Tremonti allow Mark to make a decent living year after year, I don't see Creed reuniting anytime soon.

The sad thing is for Flip and BMarsh. Creed is on hiatus, and AB is barely active. BMarsh already has a job, and I wouldn't be surprised if Flip took one in the near future to provide for his family. There is no shame at all in that, but once they start having normal lives with 9 to 5 jobs, it will reduce even more the chances of Creed coming back full time.
How do you know Brian Marshall has a job?
Formerly titanguy9

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

He has a real estate license and website or at least a profile on one. Somebody posted the page a few weeks ago and it wasn't just a name in common.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He's talked about it on his Facebook page too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

chtimixeur wrote:It's been 12 years since the Chicago show, and they have not been able to get past if yet.
They're over the Chicago show. I've spoken with Flip about why Creed didn't work out during Full Circle, and the issues really have nothing to do with anything before the breakup. It's more to do with the fact that Mark has been in charge for awhile now, and he and Stapp simply butted heads because they both wanted to take charge. Stapp didn't do anything in particular to piss Mark off, and Mark didn't do anything to piss Stapp off. The chemistry just wasn't right, and Flip said it wasn't working.

I asked Flip on a scale 1-10, what the chances were of another Creed reunion... he said about -7. But they're all still on good terms and there are no hard feelings.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Minus 7 ?
Damn ! :lol
Thanks for your input by the way, it makes a lot of sense.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

timusca wrote:
They're over the Chicago show. I've spoken with Flip about why Creed didn't work out during Full Circle, and the issues really have nothing to do with anything before the breakup. It's more to do with the fact that Mark has been in charge for awhile now, and he and Stapp simply butted heads because they both wanted to take charge. Stapp didn't do anything in particular to piss Mark off, and Mark didn't do anything to piss Stapp off. The chemistry just wasn't right, and Flip said it wasn't working.

I asked Flip on a scale 1-10, what the chances were of another Creed reunion... he said about -7. But they're all still on good terms and there are no hard feelings.
That doesn't sound good at all, but perhaps Stapp will be more of a laid back guy after his most recent experiences. Since Stapp ran things during the early Creed days, he should realize that maybe he should just give Mark a chance to run things for a while.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

By the way, it's funny they say now there was no chemistry back then, because if you remember the 2011 fall writing sessions, they seemed extremely excited by the material that was written.
I'd be curious to know what they all think of the Full Circle album nowadays.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

By the way, it's funny they say now there was no chemistry back then, because if you remember the 2011 fall writing sessions, they seemed extremely excited by the material that was written.
Scott Stapp and Brian were the ones who really got excited with writing FC.

I don't blame Mark if he can't work with Scott anymore. Mark has reach a certain age where work satisfaction thrump over everything else. Would any of you guys work with someone you are not comfortable with?

It's interesting to note how confident and single minded Scott was. There was nothing about "it might not work". That's what drew people to Creed. Scott confidence that reached the level of arrogant whether you like it or not is what helped gave rise to the band prominance. Nowadays, it was Scott that missed band practises and live show. We hope for the best nowadays but we can almost certainly expect Scott to fall again.

Im fine with everyone keep doing their own stuffs. When they are old enough like in their 70s then they look back and realize it's all in the past and can do a reunion of some sort hah!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here is a new video where Mark tells exactly what happened when he tried to reach out to Stapp in late 2014.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/xZVQK7UDNug[/youtube]

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

These journalists need Jesus. All these questions regarding Mark and Scott get pretty annoying.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Once again a great interview from Mark about Creed.
http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho?s ... sodes=true
It starts around 52:25, and he goes in detail about the 2012 fallout in Indonesia (at 71:40).
Basically, Stapp cursed at him, told him "You don't deserve Creed", and kept attacking him verbally just before a press conference with 200 reporters !

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Stapp has some serious problems with anger it seems. He's going to have to become more of a chill, laid back kind of guy before Mark ever agrees to make another album with him again.