Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Sugar Blade
Bought The CDs

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by Sugar Blade »

They only big problem I see with this album is the "oh" that Mark uses as a way to artificially extend the length of some lines in the lyrics. If he'd used it once or twice, I'd understand, but it's almost in every song (or in every song, I didn't checked). That's a really lazy approach to writing a songs, also it dissonates with the concept of the songs that are sang from the androids' point of view - that "oh" is too human to be robotic.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Haven't bought the album yet but saw that it apparently has a bonus song on the walmart version? So I went to walmart.com and found that it says "no longer available".

Is this going to restock or am i fucked?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

nagpo wrote:Haven't bought the album yet but saw that it apparently has a bonus song on the walmart version? So I went to walmart.com and found that it says "no longer available".

Don't think it's going to restock. Walmart f'ed up my order when I ordered it on the first week the album is out and they had to cancel it because it was out of stock. To their credit, they did refunded the money back to my card. Ordered another copy to pick it up, this week, and I just got the standard version. Still, for $11 and no shipping costs, I'll take it.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Finally got to my closest Walmart. No dice...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:Haven't bought the album yet but saw that it apparently has a bonus song on the walmart version? So I went to walmart.com and found that it says "no longer available".

Don't think it's going to restock. Walmart f'ed up my order when I ordered it on the first week the album is out and they had to cancel it because it was out of stock. To their credit, they did refunded the money back to my card. Ordered another copy to pick it up, this week, and I just got the standard version. Still, for $11 and no shipping costs, I'll take it.
why even leave songs out like that when the record is supposed to be a story? Isn't that like writing a book but saving the last chapter for one store and excluding it from others?

I'm kinda pissed to be honest. I'll probably never hear the songs now. :slam

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, there were two bonus tracks. An acoustic version of Desolation and Now or Never and I don't know if Now Or Never has any connection (someone that heard it can verify it or deny it) to the actual concept of A Dying Machine but that's just because I have never heard the track before.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It doesn’t really have anything huge going on lyrically. It’s kind of like when you write a book and get in the editing phase and decide a certain chapter isn’t really needed.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Now or Never could fit but doesn't actually tell anything. Lyrically it's doesn't seem to necessarily push a narrative.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

just got back from walmart and I was out of luck. They don't really carry CD's anymore. i am livid. the scum on ebay are selling it for $30+

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I’ll check my Walmart. There were a few last time I went there, but I already had the Walmart version.
Photobucket cash grab.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I found it new on ebay for $20, which is relatively cheap considering the other listings. Used my ebaybucks on it to get it for 18.

last time I put off buying a record.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I actually really liked From the Sky. Catchy and fun.

Day that Legions Burned was super fun as well. Good chorus.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Finally finished my first listen and I like the record. Not all of the songs are equal. Found really did nothing for me. But I think there is a lot of good stuff here, a great evolution of his solo material.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:Found really did nothing for me.
So true.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Random thought: Kinda a pity that ADM was released more or less the same time that the marketnig machinery for Cyberpunk 2077 started. Would've been amazing if Tremonti would become part of the game soundtrack. Everytime I see some news about this game I have to think of ADM and vice versa.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Morley released a new Tremonti A Dying Machine styled signature Wah Pedal.
Here is a short demo by Mark himself.

Here is some product placement thingy of the Youtuber "Music is Win". He usually makes cool videos for guitar players but this one is kinda weak. Still nice promo for Tremonti, Music is Win has 500k Subs on Youtube.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Seems like they released Trust as a single. Pretty casual video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi-yR4T2ytI

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I wish the video had more graphics from ADM instead of just a bunch of clips from live shows, but oh well lol.

Hope the single does well. Not sure how much it’ll stick on a station like Octane. FM radio for modern bands is practically dead anyways, so I wouldn’t mind seeing Make It Hurt as a radio single down the road. It could probably perform well on Octane.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

My family just bought a new car and it comes with a 3 month free subscription to Sirius XM and I'm finally able to listen to Octane and see what it is about. I like it so far. I, too, find FM radio that has the Active Rock format to be full of stale and quite uninspiring stuff nowadays. Either from the classic rock crap that I do not care about, to active rock bands that I do not care about like FFDP and the non-Adam Gontier Three Days Grace, to stuff like Imagine Dragons and 21 Pilots which doesn't fit the format at all (that stuff goes well with KROQ station in LA though).

Hopefully, throughout the time I listen to Octane, I can be able to listen to an AB or a Tremonti track. Might be the only realistic way to hear them in a radio outlet. Hopefully, I can hear something from A Dying Machine in Octane.

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

I would The first and the last as single