What are you watching right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Plus, it's British, so it has to be good

Post by gbruin »

Just watched S1 of Sex Education, a brand new Netflix series that follows the adventures of a group of British high school teenagers and their various sexual victories and failures. It's centered around one slightly awkward 16 y/o who, using his knowledge and guidance gained from his divorced therapist parents, becomes the underground sex/relationship therapist for his high school. It's a really really enjoyable show and pretty freaking hilarious. It has some really great characters and some very interesting relationships. Definitely check this one out.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by ThravRande »

I’m watching King of the Hill beginning to end for the first time ever. I’m amazed at how many episodes I’ve never seen, because I’ve watched the re runs on TV for ages. Figured I’d seen them all.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Anyone else finish Stranger Things 3?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

On the second episode. Watching one episode a night.

Stupid idea, I know :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Can’t believe Luke Skywalker died

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:On the second episode. Watching one episode a night.

Stupid idea, I know :lol
Good luck avoiding spoilers that way lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Andy92 wrote:Anyone else finish Stranger Things 3?
Finished it one sitting, IN LOVE with the season. They bounced back in a big way from season 2 and came pretty close to capturing the magic of the OG season
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’d agree that this one falls between 1 and 2 on rankings. 1 is still the best. This season has some very fantastic moments. I had a couple small issues but overall it was a fantastic watch over the past couple days.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Just watched the first 2 seasons Killing Eve, a really quirky and interesting 2 season drama starring Sandra Oh as an MI-6 agent who specializes in the psychology of female assassins and Jodie Comer as the mysterious quasi-psychotic target she is chasing. It's done by BBC America and is based on the Villanelle novel series by Luke Jennings. Comer is hilarious and scary and sexy and tragic as the Russian born/trained assassin Villanelle and her character is worth the whole series by herself, though Oh and the other characters are also very well done. Super good, Check it out. Seasons 1 is on Hulu and we got S2 on Amazon. They are working on season 3 - yay!!.

Stranger Things begins tomorrow for me!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Just starting up S3 of 13 Reasons Why. It seems a bit more random/soap-operaey after the first 3 episodes, but I see that they kind of had to do that to keep the show moving. As good as it was, they couldn't really wring much more out of the story line that framed the first 2 seasons.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

The Boys.

God damn this show is good.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Currently watching Godzilla King of The Monsters on Blu-Ray because it's fucking awesome.
Thanks Andy!

Onorato
Brand New Start

Post by Onorato »

I'm on the final season of Black Sails right now. What a great show! Can't believe it took me years to give it a shot.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just finished the direct to video, Cyborg 2 "Glass Shadow."

Watched it for free on Vudu. Angelina Jolie's first starring role. For a cheesy b movie, it has some wild characters and great atmosphere. Definitely worth a watch if you like insanity like this.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

My stepson (who's a total weeb) has been trying to get me to watch some random anime with him for the past 3 days, just because it happens to have a pro wrestler as a main character. The wife is napping, I just put the step-daughter to bed, and my bio daughter is passed out for a nap as well, so he finally cornered me in the living room and started playing it. Whole thing is in Japanese, and he's trying to read the subtitles to me even though he's not much of a reader. I mean, I appreciate that he has a passion for something and wants to share it with me, but I have zero interest in this. So here I am, scrolling around on my laptop with this anime playing in the background.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Sorry for the double post, but I was just re-reading this ^^, and man, it sounds kinda mean. I'm glad he wants to share something with me (and he knows I'm a wrestling fan so that's why he wanted to show me this), but... I just don't get anime. Especially stuff that's all in Japanese and I have to read subs the whole time. Just not my bag!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

S4 of The Man In The High Castle is out now. I'm thorough 4 episodes so far. The story line in the TV show is far beyond the end of the novel by now, so this is all new stuff, but they're doing an interesting job with it to this point. Good stuff.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TenaciousBe wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I was just re-reading this ^^, and man, it sounds kinda mean. I'm glad he wants to share something with me (and he knows I'm a wrestling fan so that's why he wanted to show me this), but... I just don't get anime. Especially stuff that's all in Japanese and I have to read subs the whole time. Just not my bag!
I mean it's hard for people to watch anime with English subs. I think people really rely more on characters' facial expressions and reactions to drive the point rather than the subs. There are anime that have been translated with English dubs, but they don't really have the best approach in expressing the characters as intended and it get a little too cute with the dialog. That stated, I don't think I really enjoyed anime as much as I used to since last year, since I transition more into reading manga of various anime series and series that doesn't have an anime adaptation yet.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote:
TenaciousBe wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I was just re-reading this ^^, and man, it sounds kinda mean. I'm glad he wants to share something with me (and he knows I'm a wrestling fan so that's why he wanted to show me this), but... I just don't get anime. Especially stuff that's all in Japanese and I have to read subs the whole time. Just not my bag!
I mean it's hard for people to watch anime with English subs. I think people really rely more on characters' facial expressions and reactions to drive the point rather than the subs. There are anime that have been translated with English dubs, but they don't really have the best approach in expressing the characters as intended and it get a little too cute with the dialog. That stated, I don't think I really enjoyed anime as much as I used to since last year, since I transition more into reading manga of various anime series and series that doesn't have an anime adaptation yet.
To be fair, I've usually got captions turned on when I'm watching shows or movies, so I'm pretty used to darting my eyes back and forth between catching the words and seeing the action. But having subs in one language while hearing it in another might be a little more distracting.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Speaking of wrestling, I've been watching WWF (I refuse to call it "E", sounds stupid) MSG shows from the year I became a fan (1988). Some great stuff that doesn't look like they are play wrestling (like today). Yeah, I'm old.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23