Walk The Sky Reaction Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
GassMoney92
Brand New Start

Re: Walk The Sky Reaction Thread

Post by GassMoney92 »

I do love Native Son quite a bit, but the one thing that really bothers me about that song is that Myles goes to his nasally tone when he sings “foreign laaaaand”, then in the second chorus he sings it in a more full voice. Just a little thing that I can’t stop noticing, but still a beastly song!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

What’s the one song that everyone can’t stop listening to from this album, or gets the most plays?

For me, it’s the title track.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:What’s the one song that everyone can’t stop listening to from this album, or gets the most plays?

Forever Falling

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Forever Falling.

And even though Walking on the Sky and Dying Light are not swimming in my top three tracks on the album, if I'm playing this album on shuffle I get giddy when either of those two songs pop up.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Pretty even between Native Son, Forever Falling, and the title track.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

AB4Lyfe wrote:What’s the one song that everyone can’t stop listening to from this album, or gets the most plays?

Forever falling, clear horizon, walking on the sky and Godspeed although that’s cause Godspeed is in my fitness class as a warm up

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Walking on The Sky and Clear Horizon
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Same for me. I just love how the verse is so subdued and forlorn, giving way to that nasty harmonic right before the chorus, almost like someone changing the channel over to the heavy station, and then the chorus itself has such an angsty rif.... oh golly I can't get enough of it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Walking On The Sky and Dying Light. I love how the build into something huge by the end.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

If I can only listen to one, it's Walking on the Sky. I still adore Take the Crown as well, it's such a fun song.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Makes me want to design a wallpaper, but Photoshop is too expensive. =#

Post by Inconquerable »

Such a great album, but on the topic of picking just one song, I'm in the same boat as everybody with Walking On the Sky. I picked that song out as my favourite from Walk the Sky the first time I listened through. The chorus has so much energy to it and it's not even a typically "big" AB chorus.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Makes me want to design a wallpaper, but Photoshop is too expensive. =#

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:Such a great album, but on the topic of picking just one song, I'm in the same boat as everybody with Walking On the Sky. I picked that song out as my favourite from Walk the Sky the first time I listened through. The chorus has so much energy to it and it's not even a typically "big" AB chorus.
Yup, and it fits the subject matter so well in that there are these beautiful airy verses like you're admiring the blue skies around you, then when the chorus hits... you look down.

And welcome back, by the way!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Thanks, Ubik! Hope you're well!

Post by Inconquerable »

It's a masterpiece of a song. I'm hoping that if they do a live album for this cycle, Walking on the Sky makes the show.

I've also gone back and forth on if the solo at the end is Mark or Myles. I can hear different trademarks of each of them, but I think I've settled on it being Mark. Anybody know for sure?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:It's a masterpiece of a song. I'm hoping that if they do a live album for this cycle, Walking on the Sky makes the show.

I've also gone back and forth on if the solo at the end is Mark or Myles. I can hear different trademarks of each of them, but I think I've settled on it being Mark. Anybody know for sure?
I hope they play it at my show :headbang

I'm pretty certain that Myles only has one solo on the record and thats the Dying Light bridge one, every other solo sounds like Mark to me.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Inconquerable wrote:It's a masterpiece of a song. I'm hoping that if they do a live album for this cycle, Walking on the Sky makes the show.

Def Mark! It's got lots of his signature licks, just taken to a spastic level. :headbang

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I keep going back to Native Son and, oddly, Tear Us Apart. There’s just something about it that I really like.

Skywalker
Bought The CDs

Post by Skywalker »

gbruin wrote:Walking On The Sky and Dying Light. I love how the build into something huge by the end.
These two for me as well, and agreed on the description.

I'm also quite fond of Native Son. Hell, this album really has a lot of tunes I really dig. Wouldn't You Rather, In the Deep, Native Son, Walking on the Sky, and Dying Light are my top-5, and honestly, the latter three are all #1 depending on my mood.
AnybodyListening.net - Chronicling the History of Queensryche's Original Lineup

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:41 pm Any one got any better ideas as to who wrote which song after hearing the rest of the album? This is my current assumption based off either my gut or interview confirmation...If anyone has a source citing who did certain songs that I have under the wrong name then feel free to post so I can swap it.

Mark
Godspeed
Take The Crown
The Bitter End
Pay No Mind
Forever Falling
Tear Us Apart

Myles
One Life
Wouldn't You Rather
In The Deep
Native Son
Indoctrination
Clear Horizon (not 100% sure)
Walking On The Sky (not 100% sure)

Both
Dying Light (said to be a song that was mostly created from a joint effort like past albums, I believe)
Not sure if this has already been answered later in the thread, but I agree with your lists except one song.

Mark once said in an interview that it was a "toss-up" between Walking On The Sky and Under The Sun for the album, suggesting that he actually wrote it. That would mean Myles wrote The Bitter End. Why? Because most of the Mark songs were confirmed to be written by him in interviews, and the one that wasn't was Tear Us Apart. It contains a bridge that's VERY similar to the one in Take You With Me, so I'm certain he wrote the song.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs