The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

unofficially 10/10

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:Day 2 vote tally:

1. Summer votes for Micky
2. Lotha votes for Micky
3. Inc votes for Micky
4. Ubik votes for Micky
5. Timo votes for Micky
6. The Dissident votes for Micky
7. zazthespaz votes for Micky
8. Micky votes for...Micky (classic move)
9. Julianna votes for Micky

If I was participating in that game, Andy, I'd get you your 10/10

DEADLINE VOTE: MICKY

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: unofficially 10/10

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Day 2 vote tally:

1. Summer votes for Micky
2. Lotha votes for Micky
3. Inc votes for Micky
4. Ubik votes for Micky
5. Timo votes for Micky
6. The Dissident votes for Micky
7. zazthespaz votes for Micky
8. Micky votes for...Micky (classic move)
9. Julianna votes for Micky

If I was participating in that game, Andy, I'd get you your 10/10

DEADLINE VOTE: MICKY
Bless you, Shea. If Silver votes for Micky I’ll make it 11 just for you.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Not gonna lie, when artists like Taylor Swift just come out of nowhere and drop entire new albums, especially only just one year later after the release of the previous one, it kind of makes me disappointed that Alter Bridge & Co dont do the same :/ I dont think I've ever been surprised by a release from them once. Everything is always scheduled and announced way in advance and just once I'd wish they would break their schedules to surprise me :/ But I know its not gonna happen so its wishful thinking :/

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Not gonna lie, when artists like Taylor Swift just come out of nowhere and drop entire new albums, especially only just one year later after the release of the previous one, it kind of makes me disappointed that Alter Bridge & Co dont do the same :/ I dont think I've ever been surprised by a release from them once. Everything is always scheduled and announced way in advance and just once I'd wish they would break their schedules to surprise me :/ But I know its not gonna happen so its wishful thinking :/
It is a nice surprise, but it’s also easier to drop albums out of nowhere if you have the fan base of Taylor Swift. Occasionally you’ll see a rock band do something similar like Tool, but again, large fan following. 99.9% of musicians need the press tour leading up to release or the release won’t get anywhere.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

A7X tried to do the surprise album release with "The Stage" and they admitted that while the execution of it was cool and all, the album sales didn't really reflect it too much, because the majority of album sales for bands like them (and AB and a lot of bands in the Active Rock format that gets plays on Octane) comes from pre-sale bundles.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, in other news, the NHL has finally announced the name for the new team in Seattle. The Seattle Krakens...... There's so many jokes that can be said about the name.

For me, another new team in the Pacific that the Kings has to deal with. All I can hope for is that the Krakens does not have the initial success that the Golden Knights has and people in Seattle appreciate having a NHL team there.

Also, 32 teams in the NHL now. That's two too many, in my opinion. They should have booted out the Arizona Coyotes and the Florida Panthers. It's not like those teams are consistent in the regular season, post-season, are located in a highly populated area, or is in an area that should like hockey.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

They should have 1 team per state and 1 team per province :P

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Any one ever been to Fort Lauderdale? I’m there for a week of training and education. “First Time“ there ... kind of exciting. What is a must see?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Did marketing really not think of that?

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, in other news, the NHL has finally announced the name for the new team in Seattle. The Seattle Krakens...... There's so many jokes that can be said about the name.

For me, another new team in the Pacific that the Kings has to deal with. All I can hope for is that the Krakens does not have the initial success that the Golden Knights has and people in Seattle appreciate having a NHL team there.

Also, 32 teams in the NHL now. That's two too many, in my opinion. They should have booted out the Arizona Coyotes and the Florida Panthers. It's not like those teams are consistent in the regular season, post-season, are located in a highly populated area, or is in an area that should like hockey.
It's already a given that their rink will be the Krak-House and their fans will be Krak-heads. :lol Their logo is pretty sweet, though.

The good news is Seattle is not going to have the same expansion draft rules to build their team that Vegas had. The league learned their lesson on that one, so the Kings shouldn't have to deal with another ready-made playoff team.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my first ever concert, SMKC in Vancouver...But is feels like it's been so much longer than a year since then :/ :lol I hope to be able to see them again here at some point in the future :D Probably not until something like 2024 though, but who knows at this point :shrug :lol :/
That was such a great show!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: Did marketing really not think of that?

Post by The Dissident »

gbruin wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Well, in other news, the NHL has finally announced the name for the new team in Seattle. The Seattle Krakens...... There's so many jokes that can be said about the name.

It's already a given that their rink will be the Krak-House and their fans will be Krak-heads. :lol Their logo is pretty sweet, though.

The good news is Seattle is not going to have the same expansion draft rules to build their team that Vegas had. The league learned their lesson on that one, so the Kings shouldn't have to deal with another ready-made playoff team.

The good news is that Seattle will finally have an arena for bands to play that isn't the Tacoma Dome. Saves me an hour of driving and it likely will have better acoustics.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The Dissident wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my first ever concert, SMKC in Vancouver...But is feels like it's been so much longer than a year since then :/ :lol I hope to be able to see them again here at some point in the future :D Probably not until something like 2024 though, but who knows at this point :shrug :lol :/
That was such a great show!
Indeed it was! Witnessing Slash solo for 13 mins on Wicked Stone was surreal :lol And all the other extended solos made it felt like the concert went on way longer than it did :lol WoF, Nighttrain, Anastasia, all the other extended solos :lol

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I love Slash and Night Train is a favorite as well. It’s so Inspiring how he learned to play guitar!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: *pulls out harmonica. plays covid summer blues*

Post by zazthespaz »

Where'd everybody go? You all good?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:Where'd everybody go? You all good?
Yeah brother all’s good. Back on leave of absence so I’m just spending all my time either working out or walking Nala.

I need some new music though, starting to get stir crazy. Anyone have some prog metal they can throw my way? Would love to get further into Opeth, or something similar.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:Where'd everybody go? You all good?
I'm good :P :lol besides what I've been posting in the Fitness thread not much is going on during my vacation. Just been sitting at home playing xbox or my mobile games and browsing the web. My sister hosted a BBQ tonight with like 10 people. :eek My house doesnt have A/C so this whole week has been in the 80s-low 90s inside my house so thats fun :lol :/ My parents are on a 3 day getaway from us so thats why we got away with the BBQ :lol

My sister was trying to kill a spider on her rooms ceiling 2 nights ago and ended up walking/falling off her bed and landed super hard onto the floor at like 10:30 at night after I just gone to sleep!! :lol Her reaction and the thuds in her room made everyone jump out of bed to go see what happend/if she was okay...Has to use a cane to walk around now and her left leg is swollen af. One elbow and knee got bruised pretty bad too and she is trying her best to nurse it back to health right now.

Are you good, zaz? :D
AB4Lyfe wrote:I need some new music though, starting to get stir crazy. Anyone have some prog metal they can throw my way? Would love to get further into Opeth, or something similar.
Can I suggest Taylor Swifts new Folklore album? Its a banger! :D

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Can I suggest Taylor Swifts new Folklore album? Its a banger! :D
Fuck you, Shea.

Anyone else have some prog metal?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Can I suggest Taylor Swifts new Folklore album? Its a banger! :D
Fuck you, Shea.

Wow, Duane! So mean :( :no :mope

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Might I suggest this composer named Hiroyuki Sawano? This man has created songs that have been used in various anime and video games (which is typically the best outlets to get footing from a Japanese musician/band/etc.). However, I really enjoyed his project called SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] which mainly has him working with some great vocalists and created some great JPop music and that can border into solid JRock.

Here's a song called Belong to start. People say the intro reminds them of 30 Seconds to Mars' Kings and Queens

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
Fuck you, Shea.

Wow, Duane! So mean :( :no :mope
Sorry bud, rough day :hug