The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by cheesedip1 »

Perhaps “Doesn’t Matter” should have been an alter bridge song. It could have fit.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

cheesedip1 wrote:Perhaps “Doesn’t Matter” should have been an alter bridge song. It could have fit.
"It doesn't mattah!" :mkrules

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

UninvitedZero wrote: "It doesn't matt-uh-hurh!" :mkrules
FTFY!

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Very awesome mini-documentary on Brian on Youtube!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yeah. It's insane that he pulled off so many years of AB as an alcoholic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1hOF_QNnw

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Mr. Slash wrote:Yeah. It's insane that he pulled off so many years of AB as an alcoholic.
Miraculous that he saw where he was going and decided to put a stop to it. Very admirable. I hope there are other videos like this for all of the fellas!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

that was cool

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles talking about the AB III, Apocalyptic Love and Fortress era. Sadly, he announced that AB will never release a disco or reggae record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we77m0NnFMA

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

An AB reggae album would be something off the board that the fanbase cannot stomach. I would put that in the Shinedown/Skillet/Papa Roach level of them trying to "change" their sound and failing in glaring aspects. I wouldn't want to see that in AB and I'm pretty certain that Slash fans wouldn't want that at all for Slash/Myles/Conspirators. Myles solo? Sure..... If he incorporated a few country elements well in Year of the Tiger, might as well go Reggae.....

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Mr. Slash wrote:Myles talking about the AB III, Apocalyptic Love and Fortress era. Sadly, he announced that AB will never release a disco or reggae record.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we77m0NnFMA
Darn!!! I love Disco and Raggae! :( :(

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

UninvitedZero wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Yeah. It's insane that he pulled off so many years of AB as an alcoholic.
Miraculous that he saw where he was going and decided to put a stop to it. Very admirable. I hope there are other videos like this for all of the fellas!
More. Of. This. So happy he did this video, especially as a member of the band that isn't heard as much as the others. This is the power of sharing your story.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Here's, I believe, part 4 of discussing what's going on in the process of making these albums with Myles featuring World on Fire, The Last Hero, and Year of the Tiger.

I presume there will be a part 5 featuring Living the Dream, Walk the Sky, and hopefully, what's to come for the next solo album?

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

anguyen92 wrote:Here's, I believe, part 4 of discussing what's going on in the process of making these albums with Myles featuring World on Fire, The Last Hero, and Year of the Tiger.

I presume there will be a part 5 featuring Living the Dream, Walk the Sky, and hopefully, what's to come for the next solo album?

This interview/conversation about the albums has been disappointing. It looks more like a monologue than a conversation. I practically only see the host giving his opinion.
What is the point of inviting Myles to discuss, in this case, the albums of his career if you don't let him speak. He barely says anything about the albums or whatever.

It seems to me that he was a bit bored :)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Fun facts about every Alter Bridge song (most of which take a little digging to find):

- Myles didn't originally play guitar live for Find The Real. He only started playing rhythm guitar for that song in 2006.
- One Day Remains is one of three Alter Bridge song titles that could have been their band name.
- One Day Remains and Burn It Down are the only Alter Bridge songs in standard tuning, although One Day Remains is played live in half-step down since 2013, and Burn It Down is played in half-step down since 2007.
- It took Alter Bridge 15 years to go from "one day remains" to "now nothing remains" (in Native Son), with "still remains" in between.
- The Live From Amsterdam recording of One Day Remains is mistakenly called One Day Remaing on YouTube.
- Myles can't bring himself to watch the Open Your Eyes music video because he hates seeing himself in the time when he didn't know what to do with his hands while singing.
- Open Your Eyes and Life Must Go On are the only Alter Bridge songs in Mark's favorite tuning, Open D5. Ghost Of Days Gone By and Fortress are in Open C#5 (at least for Mark), which is a half-step down from Open D5. Stay is in Open B5 (again, just for Mark), three half-steps down from Open D5.
- Burn It Down, Buried Alive, and Coming Home all share song titles with Avenged Sevenfold. Burn It Down also shares a song title with Linkin Park and Skillet, and Coming Home is one of the most common song titles of all time.
- Metalingus was written in a day, and the title was originally a joke title. It is their most-played song live.
- Mark says that Metalingus is probably the Alter Bridge song that makes him the most money, because of its use in WWE.
- Broken Wings was the first Alter Bridge song I heard.
- Broken Wings is the only Alter Bridge song that has ever been played in pseudo-drop A. Mark has recorded songs in a lot of tunings, but AGCFAD isn't among them. Its variant that is a half-step higher, pseudo-drop Bb, is actually one of their most common tunings. However, once when Mark sang lead vocals for the song in 2019 (and Myles played rhythm guitar), they tuned the song down a half-step from its original tuning.
- Broken Wings and White Knuckles are Alter Bridge's most consistent deep cuts. They are played sometimes on every tour, but not all the time like in the Blackbird and AB III eras.
- In Loving Memory was technically the biggest surprise of Live At The Royal Albert Hall, contrary to popular belief. While Words Darker Than Their Wings was played for the first time ever at those shows, it was only 7 years after its release. In Loving Memory, on the other hand, was played for the first time since 2008, a 9-year gap.
- In Loving Memory, Shed My Skin, and The End Is Here are the only songs that they have played live in a higher key than the original. In Loving Memory was played in Open G (a half-step higher from Open F#) in the early days. An example of this is on Live From Amsterdam. Shed My Skin and The End Is Here were played in Drop C# (a half-step higher from Drop C) in 2017. An example of this for The End Is Here is on Live At The Royal Albert Hall. Shed My Skin has since been tuned back down to Drop C.
- Mark wanted Down To My Last to be the first single from One Day Remains, but it was rejected because it sounded too much like Creed, so Open Your Eyes was chosen instead.
- Watch Your Words and Slip To The Void are the only songs that Alter Bridge plays live with a pre-recorded intro, although sometimes they will play the intro of The Other Side over the speakers before kicking into the song.
- Shed My Skin currently holds the record for longest gap in live performances for Alter Bridge (12 years - 2005 to 2017). However, if either Watch Your Words or Save Me is played live this year, it would break the record (18 years - 2005 to 2023).
- Cruel Sun and New Way To Live are the only Alter Bridge songs from the Rarities disc of Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities that have been played live. Cruel Sun was the last song played at Alter Bridge's first documented show, which was an acoustic show in 2004.
- Solace could have been Alter Bridge's band name. If it was, my enemies wouldn't be able to name their band Solace!
- Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad actually has a fanbase. So much that the music fan group Army Of 12 voted its solo as Mark Tremonti's 7th best guitar solo with Alter Bridge.
- Every time Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad was played live, it was followed by Down To My Last.
- Save Me was played by request in Shreveport in 2005, and there mysteriously is a soundboard recording for it.
- Ties That Bind was originally called Bitch Slap (or possibly Bitch Slapp in reference to Scott Stapp). While being one of the band's biggest hits, they strangely stopped playing it live after 2017.
- Ties That Bind and Clear Horizon are the only Alter Bridge songs in D Tuning.
- Brian Marshall complains that when he plays Ties That Bind live, he gets wrist cramps by the second verse.
- Come To Life, Coming Home, Before Tomorrow Comes...Three forms of the word "come" in three song titles all on the same album.
- Come To Life is Alter Bridge's favorite opener song. You know, every band has their favorite song to open shows with. However, it didn't even open its parent album.
- Come To Life originally had a lyric reading "I will not take you higher." It was most definitely a reference to Scott Stapp.
- Much like Ties That Bind, Come To Life inexplicably disappeared from setlists after 2020. Unlike Ties That Bind, however, it did return after some time in 2023.
- Considering that I know Brand New Start well compared to some other songs on this list, I actually don't have a good fact for it.
- Coming Home and Breathe Again contain two other Alter Bridge song titles, Home and Breathe. More on Breathe and Breathe Again later....
- The music video for Rise Today was the first video Alter Bridge posted on YouTube.
- There's a lot of debate as to whether Rise Today or Blackbird is Alter Bridge's signature song. Let me settle it once and for all: Rise Today only charted at #3, while Blackbird was never released as a single. However, Isolation reached #1. Conclusion: Isolation is Alter Bridge's technical signature song. Of course that doesn't necessarily resolve any debates, but whatever.
- Mark was once asked if he plays the whole guitar solo for Blackbird. We all know that Myles actually played the first part, marking his guitar solo debut. We also know that the two solos were collectively voted as the best guitar solo of all time by Guitar Magazine. More on that later....
- Myles sharing a guitar solo with Mark on Blackbird foreshadowed the fact that he would later start to play lead guitar on some songs. In a similar way, Mark sharing lead vocals with Myles on Words Darker Than Their Wings foreshadowed the fact that he would later start to sing lead vocals on some songs.
- One By One was the last Blackbird deep cut to be played live (Break Me Down, Wayward One, Coming Home, and One By One).
- There's a random soundboard live recording of One By One floating around on YouTube. I have no idea where it's from.
- The music video for Watch Over You is available on YouTube from several channels. However, none of them is Alter Bridge or AlterBridgeVEVO.
- Watch Over You was played live as a full band version back in 2007 and 2008 until they "discovered" the acoustic version. It wouldn't be until 2019 that they played (half of) the full band version again.
- No live recordings (soundboard or audience) exist of Break Me Down.
- Wayward One plagiarizes Bouree in E minor by Johann Sebastian Bach in the chorus.
- We Don't Care At All, The Damage Done, New Way To Live, Never Born To Follow, Never Say Die (Outright), Cruel Sun, Solace, and Breathe are only available by buying the Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities package or studio albums that they appear on as bonus tracks. However, a live version of New Way To Live is on Live From Amsterdam.
- Alter Bridge has a habit of opening with the second song from each album (One Day Remains, Come To Life, Addicted To Pain, The Writing On The Wall, Wouldn't You Rather). However, for the AB III tour, they broke tradition by opening with Slip To The Void, the first song from AB III. They broke tradition again for the Pawns & Kings tour by opening with Silver Tongue, the third track on the album. In fact, the second track, Dead Among The Living, wasn't played until 2023.
- The intro of Slip To The Void is played from tape whenever they play the song live, which is pointless because, not only is it playable live, but most of it can be played with one hand (the first three open strings).
- Mark and Myles both said that on AB III, they stopped trying to write radio hits, but Isolation from that album actually became their biggest radio hit!
- AB III is an overall dark album, which is why they wanted to write a lighter song to finish the album. Ghost Of Days Gone By was that song, and they drew inspiration from Before Tomorrow Comes.
- Ghost Of Days Gone By is Myles's favorite song from AB III.
- All Hope Is Gone was a hit during the AB III era (you can tell by the Live From Wembley crowd singing "All hope is gone"). However, they haven't played it live since 2014.
- One time after playing Still Remains, the band broke into Come To Life, only for Myles to accidentally sing the first line of Still Remains in the first verse. This derailed the entire verse and Myles had to tell the rest of the band to keep going because they clearly wanted to restart the song. He laughs about it a little during the first chorus.
- Make It Right is the only main album Alter Bridge song to have been played live only once. However, Myles has said that he wants to play it live again.
- Wonderful Life has never been played live electric.
- Mark says that I Know It Hurts actually hurts. The solo was inspired by Guthrie Govan, and he "felt confident enough to tackle it that day." It was the song he spent the most time thinking about when recording Live From Wembley. It makes sense now that they haven't played it live since 2013.
- Show Me A Sign is Mark's favorite song from AB III.
- Alter Bridge sometimes isn't very original with their song titles. Show Me A Sign, Show Me A Leader...?
- Show Me A Sign and Cry A River have one interesting thing in common. Except for the One Day Remains era, every era started out with one show where they played a lot of songs from the new album live for the first time. Both Show Me A Sign and Cry A River were played at their respective "first shows", and both were played only once after that.
- Although it's only been played live twice, a professional recording of Show Me A Sign (from the USB) exists on YouTube. Same case for Life Must Go On.
- Fallout was the name of The Mayfield Four's debut album.
- Breathe Again is mistakenly referred to as Breath Again on YouTube and Spotify.
- Breathe and Breathe Again both share song titles with Pop Evil. However, in Alter Bridge's case, Breathe Again was in 2010, while Breathe was in 2004. In Pop Evil's case, Breathe was in 2008, and Breathe Again was in 2021.
- Coeur D'Alene was a lake by where Myles grew up. Alter Bridge was a bridge by where Mark grew up. If Myles got to name the band, they theoretically could have been called Coeur D'Alene.
- Words Darker Than Their Wings features the highest note Myles has ever been recorded singing on an Alter Bridge album, F#5. The second highest was F5 in Breathe Again.
- For obvious reasons, Myles says that they avoid playing Words Darker Than Their Wings live, even though it's in their top three favorite Alter Bridge songs.
- Zero and Home were bonus tracks on AB III in the US. However, in Japan, Zero and Home were actually bonus tracks on Fortress.
- There is supposedly a guitar in Standard C# on Zero, although most of the song is in Drop C#.
- The collective solos in Blackbird were ranked as #1 from Guitar Magazine. However, another poll actually ranked the three solos in Cry Of Achilles as #1.
- Cry Of Achilles was another "mistake" song title; that is, one that ended up sticking.
- Addicted To Pain is my favorite Alter Bridge song.
- The band chose to release Addicted To Pain as the first single from Fortress because of the success of Isolation.
- Addicted To Pain was played live acoustic before it was played live electric. The same happened with Silver Tongue 9 years later.
- The solo section of Bleed It Dry is 12 times slower than the intro.
- An Alter Bridge Nation user took their username from the working title of Bleed It Dry: Megladong.
- Lover was supposed to have a solo at the end, but they dropped it in favor of an improvised vocal moment by Myles.
- Lover and Holiday were supposed to be on Myles's scrapped solo album.
- Scott Phillips didn't want to include The Uninvited on Fortress because it sounded too much like Tool. Its working title was Tooly Jam.
- The first solo Mark wrote for Fortress was Peace Is Broken.
- Peace Is Broken was originally called Pieces Broken.
- Mark says that Myles wants to play Peace Is Broken live, which is strange, considering that Myles is typically the one that doesn't want to play speed metal riffs live.
- Mark sings lead vocals on the bridge for Peace Is Broken. I can't tell if the harmonies are by him or Myles.
- Mark teased the riff for Peace Is Broken at a Tremonti show in 2013 before Fortress was released.
- Myles's and Mark's guitar parts for Calm The Fire don't match up ever except for the pre-chorus.
- Calm The Fire is the only Fortress song that was prepared for an official DVD release and subsequently never released. All the other Fortress songs from Live From Milan were released on other DVDs.
- The working title of Calm The Fire was Maniacal.
- Mark referred to Waters Rising as his first lead vocal song. He might have intentionally forgotten about Words Darker Than Their Wings.
- Waters Rising was recorded in Drop C#, but played live in Drop C until 2017, when Mark's vocal abilities had improved.
- Mark says that his solo in Waters Rising was "by mistake".
- Mark didn't hear Myles's solo in Farther Than The Sun until he went to record his backing vocals.
- The working title of Farther Than The Sun was IDILIE.
- Myles has played All Ends Well live many times, but the band itself has not. Myles does say that he wants to play it live with the full band. Somebody on the forums over here said that they overheard them doing the song at a soundcheck. At the same soundcheck, they also played Fortress, which hadn't been played live at that point.
- The working title of All Ends Well was Molly Hatchet.
- The working title of Fortress was Ritual.
- There seems to be an unrecorded song from Fortress, called Mastaphony.
- Show Me A Leader is the first and probably last Alter Bridge song where Mark uses a 7-string guitar.
- Show Me A Leader is pretty much impossible to play live.
- In Wikipedia: Fact Or Fiction, Myles was asked if The Writing On The Wall was about climate change. He did not give a clear answer.
- Myles plays the bridge lead part in The Writing On The Wall under his vocals in the studio, but he doesn't do it live. In fact, it's very possible to do so. If I can do it, then he definitely can.
- A comment on the YouTube video of The Other Side reads, "Mark Tremonti is having some fun!" They must be referring to the speed metal riff. It actually is Mark's favorite song from The Last Hero.
- My Champion, Crows On A Wire, and You Will Be Remembered are the only three songs from The Last Hero that Alter Bridge played live on the Walk The Sky tour. The Other Side and My Champion are the only two songs from The Last Hero that they've played live on the Pawns & Kings tour.
- When putting together Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities, Alter Bridge wanted to include two live recordings of other songs from The Last Hero. While My Champion was a logical choice, the second most logical choice would have been Island Of Fools (27 live performances total). However, they instead chose Poison In Your Veins, which was only played live 8 times.
- Cradle To The Grave features a "live" music video, but it has never been played live. However, Mark seems to enjoy the song, so it's very possible he wants to play it live. He will probably have to convince Myles to get over his emotional grief relating to the song.
- In Cradle To The Grave, one guitar is in Drop C#, while the other is in Open Gm. However, nobody knows which. Some sources say Mark is in Drop C#, others say it's Myles. Most likely it's Mark.
- Losing Patience is the only Alter Bridge song that Myles Kennedy posted a professional live recording of (it's his solo acoustic arrangement). However, the song has never been played live by the band.
- Losing Patience is the only Alter Bridge song for which the live debut is available as a professional recording. Words Darker Than Their Wings is the next closest; the second live performance is on Live At The Royal Albert Hall.
- Myles once said that Losing Patience was supposed to be the lead single for The Last Hero, but it "didn't end up happening."
- This one comes from the Alter Bridge Nation forum on tunings. In a Meet And Greet with the band, a fan asked Mark what tuning This Side Of Fate was in. His response was along the lines of "I'd have to relearn the song to figure out what tuning it's in."
- You Will Be Remembered was played by request in 2020 for the first time since 2016.
- Michael Baskette didn't want the band to include Crows On A Wire on The Last Hero because he thought it sounded too much like Mark's solo band.
- The last four notes of Myles's solo in Crows On A Wire are the same as the last four notes in the solo in Isolation. The overall structure of the song is much like an Isolation II. That isn't the biggest example of self-plagiarism they've done, though....
- In the track breakdown of the songs from The Last Hero, Twilight was compared to Break Me Down, followed by a quote along the lines of "Don't let a comparison to an underrated song make you ignore this song." Well, apparently the song is ignored anyway.
- Island Of Fools and The Last Hero both have the same song structure, most notably the Myles solo between two bridges before the last chorus, and the Mark solo after the last chorus. Also, they're both in the same tuning.
- Last Of Our Kind is commonly referred to as Symphony Of Agony. It is unknown whether the mix-up in song titles is a similar case to what happened with Never Say Die (Outright).
- One Life is Alter Bridge's first true intro song.
- In the video "Walk The Sky: In The Studio", Myles briefly mentions Zen, and immediately, One Life starts playing.
- Myles was greenscreened into the music video for Wouldn't You Rather.
- Myles wrote the riff of Wouldn't You Rather out of frustration that Michael Baskette did not like their ideas for the album.
- A fan once tried to predict what Wouldn't You Rather would sound like before it was released. The chorus turned out to be pretty close to the actual song.
- When asked about whether they would continue playing Walk The Sky songs on the Pawns & Kings tour, Myles responded yes, they would play some songs that the people going to their shows didn't get to hear. "Songs" eventually turned out to be "song", as the only song they have played so far on the Pawns & Kings tour is Wouldn't You Rather (bar one performance of Native Son).
- In The Deep was not played live after 2019, suggesting that they may not like it.
- In The Deep is most likely the lowest tuning Alter Bridge song; Mark is in Standard G#.
- Godspeed is Alter Bridge's first keyboard-driven song.
- When Alter Bridge announced the music video for Native Son, an Instagrammer commented, "I hope it's not just another dumb lyrics video." Alter Bridge responded with, "It's not a lyric video. It's something we've been working hard on."
- Take The Crown is the only Walk The Sky single that does not appear on Walk The Sky 2.0, which is strange, because it was played in 2020, unlike In The Deep.
- Take The Crown is allegedly about Myles's (or Mark's?) childhood experiences with T-ball.
- The solo in Indoctrination is almost exactly like the solo in The Writing On The Wall.
- Indoctrination is the only song where Myles screams. It was an improvised moment, but Mark told Elvis to turn it up in the mix.
- Indoctrination, The Bitter End, Clear Horizon, Walking On The Sky, and Tear Us Apart have never been played live. However, at least Indoctrination has been confirmed to have been rehearsed in soundcheck.
- The synth player on Pay No Mind is none other than Mark Tremonti.
- Myles plays galloping riffs in Forever Falling, which is ironic, because according to Mark, anytime Mark tries to play galloping riffs, Myles is like, "No-no."
- Mark originally wrote Forever Falling in Eb tuning, but had to tune it down for his voice. The bass track was already recorded in Eb and had to be pitched down a whole step.
- Walking On The Sky is kind of a title song for Walk The Sky, but it's never been played live.
- The band referred to Dying Light as "the most epic [they've] done since Blackbird." So AB III, Fortress, and The Last Hero don't exist? There were a lot of epic songs on all three albums.
- Last Rites was originally advertised as completely written and recorded in quarantine, but they actually started writing it during the Walk The Sky sessions, but didn't finish it because it didn't fit the vibe of the rest of the album.
- Fans were convinced that This Is War was written by Mark, but it was actually written by Myles. There's a rumor that they may have switched bodies during the writing process or something....
- Mark wrote the riff of Dead Among The Living in an effort to have another Come To Life-style riff that was fun to play live. I wonder why it took them so long to play it, and then it got dropped in favor of Come To Life.
- Mark says he had a ton of ideas for Sin After Sin and couldn't easily get rid of any, which is why the song is so long.
- The reason why Mark sings lead vocals on Stay is because Myles liked how his vocals on the demo sounded.
- Holiday and Pawns & Kings were two songs that Myles brought forth after they had submitted all their song ideas. When answering a question about the new single Holiday in an interview, he equated the question "Do you have anything else?" to "Where's the single?"
- Fable Of The Silent Son used to be two songs, but was smashed into one.
- Season Of Promise was advertised as a throwback to One Day Remains. It's not really.
- With the release of Last Man Standing, Alter Bridge joins the list of my favorite bands that have songs with that same title: Pop Evil, Bon Jovi, and Rise Against.
- Pawns & Kings is the first album since One Day Remains not to have any songs in 6/8.
Last edited by maximzub on Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:24 pm, edited 17 times in total.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Awesome facts, my noob TABN amigo!
maximzub wrote:- There's a lot of debate as to whether Rise Today or Blackbird is Alter Bridge's signature song. Let me settle it once and for all: Rise Today only charted at #3, while Blackbird was never released as a single. However, Isolation reached #1. Conclusion: Isolation is Alter Bridge's real signature song.
The bird/wings theme has been an AB staple for a while now, and really took off with Blackbird. Combined with the fact that it has the quality ranking just as much as it can have a quantity ranking, I'd say Blackbird takes the cake easily.

Just because something isn't a single doesn't mean it can't be their signature song, but this is all debatable and opinionated anyway.
maximzub wrote:- We Don't Care At All, The Damage Done, New Way To Live, Never Born To Follow, Never Say Die (Outright), Cruel Sun, Solace, and Breathe are only available by buying the Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities package. However, New Way To Live is on Live From Amsterdam.
I don't know what this means, but many of these songs were available on disc. The only ones that weren't which I know of for sure are Cruel Sun and Solace. But I own The Damage Done and New Way to Live from the Best Buy deluxe version of Blackbird in the U.S. (best $7.99 or $8.99 I ever spent, can't remember which haha), Outright from the Fortress deluxe disc (I don't know if it was called deluxe but whatever), and Breathe on TLH deluxe.
maximzub wrote:- The Other Side is the most disgusting Alter Bridge song ever.
:lol
- Michael Baskette didn't want the band to include Crows On A Wire on The Last Hero because he thought it sounded too much like Mark's solo band.
I think it sounds too much like Isolation.

EDIT: Well, you mention that in your next fact haha.
- In the track breakdown of the songs from The Last Hero, Twilight was compared to Break Me Down, followed by a quote along the lines of "Don't let a comparison to an underrated song make you ignore this song." Well, apparently the song is ignored anyway.
I really see that comparison now, but I always compared Twilight to Waters Rising.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Awesome facts, my noob TABN amigo!

maximzub wrote:- We Don't Care At All, The Damage Done, New Way To Live, Never Born To Follow, Never Say Die (Outright), Cruel Sun, Solace, and Breathe are only available by buying the Live At The O2 Arena + Rarities package. However, New Way To Live is on Live From Amsterdam.
I don't know what this means, but many of these songs were available on disc. The only ones that weren't which I know of for sure are Cruel Sun and Solace. But I own The Damage Done and New Way to Live from the Best Buy deluxe version of Blackbird in the U.S. (best $7.99 or $8.99 I ever spent, can't remember which haha), Outright from the Fortress deluxe disc (I don't know if it was called deluxe but whatever), and Breathe on TLH deluxe.
I really see that comparison now, but I always compared Twilight to Waters Rising.
1. Thanks!
2. They're not on YouTube, so it kinda made me forget that some of those were bonus tracks on their studio albums.
3. I haven't heard either Twilight or Break Me Down yet.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

- Ties That Bind is the only Alter Bridge song in D Tuning. It was originally called Bitch Slap. While being one of the band's biggest hits, they strangely stopped playing it live after 2017.
Clear Horizon is in D Standard as well
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So today is the first time I actually listened to the lyrics of Last Rites (I know, kinda weird, regarding the fact that AB released this song with a lyric video on Youtube). Holy crap, it's really amazing how political the lyrics are. Myles more or less directly addresses the whole anti COVID protester scene with this song. I really appreciate his courage, it's so easy nowadays to lose Your credibility if you chose to talk about political topics.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Awesome facts, my noob TABN amigo!
maximzub wrote:- There's a lot of debate as to whether Rise Today or Blackbird is Alter Bridge's signature song. Let me settle it once and for all: Rise Today only charted at #3, while Blackbird was never released as a single. However, Isolation reached #1. Conclusion: Isolation is Alter Bridge's real signature song.
The bird/wings theme has been an AB staple for a while now, and really took off with Blackbird. Combined with the fact that it has the quality ranking just as much as it can have a quantity ranking, I'd say Blackbird takes the cake easily.

Just because something isn't a single doesn't mean it can't be their signature song, but this is all debatable and opinionated anyway.
I agree. I would argue that Metalingus is more of their "signature" song than Isolation, even though Metalingus wasn't a rock single at all. It was used as a theme song for the wrestler, Edge, for 7 years and it gets played almost on a weekly basis on WWE TV in that period. Sometimes, radio singles never tell the full story for some bands and AB is definitely one of those bands.

Cry of Achilles can also be an argument of a signature song and is close to an important song as Blackbird. Sure, it was a single, but it never got charted highly, and I think it was a single mainly due to the fans wanting it to be a single. Just pure speculation with no proof, but I would think AB considered putting Farther than the Sun for their 2nd single under the Fortress period if they didn't opt to use Cry of Achilles as the next single.
- The only connection Alter Bridge has to Creed other than Mark, Brian, and Scott originally being in the band, is that Eric Friedman, the rhythm guitarist for Creed, once played rhythm guitar with them live for one song. Which one was it? Metalingus, in 2020
I was there for that show where Erock played Metalingus with them in LA, last year. Eric Friedman made another appearance to play rhythm guitar with AB at another LA show. It was for One Day Remains back in 2011 at the old West Hollywood House of Blues, including Wolfgang Van Halen on the drums.

Fudge, dude. I just realized that show was 10 years ago around this time. The one where Slash and Eddie Van Halen was there and AB III still felt like one of their newer albums. Where did the time go?

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Pearl Jam's "Black" was never released as a single either, but it's arguably one of their biggest songs, if not one of the biggest songs of the grunge era in general. Single release doesn't always determine a song's "bigness."
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.