The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

Dolo wrote:he's gonna lose all the momentum related to the album (if there ever was one).
In 25 days, his lyric video for The World I used to Know has only been watched 7653 times.
Sadly, no one cares anymore about that album. I guess it's time to move on to the next project.
austin. wrote:Wish mark could “find time” to do that Creed record, he “has in his back pocket”, as he says.

Hey we get new Tremonti recorded next month atleast. Know mark has been hella busy on tour and busting out albums during this pandemic. Maybe he will “find the time” one day.
Good point. :lol
This excuse doesn't work anymore.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Its a shame they can't bury the hatchet. I just want proper Creed back again. I'm really curious about those 13 Creed V songs Mark was talking about. Creed is just meant to go the way of Silverchair and Mudvayne where amends just can't be made.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

2021 Grateful to be back in the studio with @martifrederiksenofficial
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKQB0qHAA_M/

Did Stapp break his arm?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

possible. Glad to hear he's back in the studio! Man, in 2021 we're getting myles, tremonti, and stapp records. Hopefully this record is as good if not better than the last

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

It looks like its a brace for a muscle/tendon issue.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

on a unrelated note, shouldn't scott stapp have his own sub forum? tremonti, myles and even projected do. Scott Stapps solo work has nothing to do with creed.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

nagpo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:54 pm on a unrelated note, shouldn't scott stapp have his own sub forum? tremonti, myles and even projected do. Scott Stapps solo work has nothing to do with creed.
I would imagine that TremontI, Myles, and Projected have their own sub forums because they include members of Alter Bridge... Being that this site is an Alter Bridge forum. If anything I'd think Scott should just have his own thread in the Other Bands/Music section, but not his own Sub Forum.

That really wouldn't be much different from what we have now, just that the thread would be moved out of the Creed Sub Forum. :shrug

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

nagpo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:54 pm on a unrelated note, shouldn't scott stapp have his own sub forum? tremonti, myles and even projected do. Scott Stapps solo work has nothing to do with creed.
For the same reason Slash doesn't have his own sub forum here.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

makes sense i guess

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a podcast with Stapp's drummer:

He talks about the band at 1h04, and about Scott at 1h14.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I hope stapp uses his improved guitar skills either on writing some guitar stuff for the next album or even performing some simple guitar stuff on it. Like maybe on a acoustic track. Something simple like "Lullaby" I think he could do, just as an example.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

nagpo wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:42 am I hope stapp uses his improved guitar skills either on writing some guitar stuff for the next album or even performing some simple guitar stuff on it. Like maybe on a acoustic track. Something simple like "Lullaby" I think he could do, just as an example.
When Art of Anarchy was recording The Madness, they posted a pic on Facebook of Stapp playing an acoustic guitar with the guys. I guess they never formed a song out of it, or maybe he was showing them the chords for Somber. But you're right, Stapp honing his guitar skills would lead to some interesting work. Maybe a country sounding song. He'd basically become his own Tremonti!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Uhhhh. Well, found this on Loudwire, as a hockey fan, I found this interesting. Stapp sang Higher in Nashville at the intermission of Game 6 of the first round playoffs between the Nashville Predators and the Bunch of Jerks (Carolina Hurricanes, who I'm rooting for in this year's playoffs).

Yeah, this was a thing that happened. Here's the Loudwire article that has a small phone clip of it.

https://loudwire.com/scott-stapp-creed- ... anes-game/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Stapp has a show on the 26th of this month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO6GKWntkSL/

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a lesson if you want to sing like Stapp:

The guy's pretty spot on at 1:42, and it's the best Stapp impression I've ever heard.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

RED CLOOOOOOOOOOOOUDS
RAIN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN
RED CLOUDS
WASH OVAH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

I love that song.
Thanks Andy!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Micky wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:44 pm RED CLOOOOOOOOOOOOUDS
RAIN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN
RED CLOUDS
WASH OVAH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

I love that song.
I agree. it's the best song on that record. one of his best solo songs and even post creed songs. hope we get more like it

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Scott did an interview on the Bobbycast. Only a few mins it but really good. He sounds like hes in a good place.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kreuger wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:40 pm Scott did an interview on the Bobbycast. Only a few mins it but really good. He sounds like hes in a good place.
It was about an hour length podcast interview. Stapp goes in depth about the early days of creed, how they formed and his youth. In regards to what he says about creed, he says he doesn't consider them broken up. Just on a hiatus. He says he doesn't see any reason why creed shouldn't get back together as long as its organic. In regards to his solo content he said he's just kind of writing which is weird because we've seen videos of him in studio. He's kind of been writing for a long time now so i wonder what's taking so long to get back in the studio?