Lesser Known Artists

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Lesser Known Artists

Post by Fish Tacos »

Figured we should have a place to consolidate good songs / artists that have for the most part gone unnoticed.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/tSr2Lr6LTxQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/YGmFTHFODwk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/TucIg4VOcRs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/qU-EaBjYVTo[/youtube]

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Re: Lesser Known Artists

Post by Jaredr24 »

One band I'd like to share is Nine Shrines. They're a newer band in Ohio and their drummer is Andrew Wetzel who used to be the drummer for Attack Attack! and their vocalist, Sam Sky, used to be in I Am King which is another good lesser known band. They haven't released an album yet but they have about 5-6 songs out. For fans of Breaking Benjamin/Three Days Grace.

One of my favorites from them called "Blood Diamond"
[youtube]http://youtu.be/PHIfOQtQHFU[/youtube]
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vN0qZCro2SQ[/youtube]

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Aside from the new Stone Temple Pilots album (which was criminally overlooked as well) these are three artists who released fantastic albums in 2020 that no one in most rock circles talk about.

Godzillionaire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZnRjHnoCI

Lola Marsh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wggVs0rRqds

Poppy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiH9YPSPNlA

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Pagan's Mind - Intermission

The Old Gods of Asgard - Take Control

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yea, Old Gods of Asgard is a band which writes music for the Alan Wake video games. In fact this band is an alter ego of Poets of the Fall which is a rather popular band I would say.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

That's the one! I was playing Control this month and that's where the above song is from, by the same developers as the Alan Wake stuff. This song was fantastic. I need to check out Poets of the Fall, though I get the feeling that they play up the metal cheesiness as The Old Gods of Asgard.

Come to think of it, this song in Alan Wake was great.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The Poet and the Muse is such a beautiful song. I like the fingerpicking part so much that I even learned to play it on the guitar. And yes, sadly their main project is much less metal driven than their Old Gods of Asgard stuff. But they still are a solid band if you like pop rock.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Charm City Devils are a band from Baltimore, Maryland. They existed between 2009 and 2016, then went their separate ways. They actually released a new album in 2019, but only two of the original members were on it, and the other two members were from their side project Stone Horses. So, it's really a Stone Horses album with the Charm City Devils name.

I think Tear It Apart is their best song, but the song that they are the most famous for is a cover of Man Of Constant Sorrow. Also, their song Unstoppable was used in WWE, like Metalingus.

Pretty good band. I wish they were still together.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Another one from a video game I finally got round to playing, The Walking Dead - The Final Season. I think the same band does all the music for it and they're called The Be Good Tanyas.

Really beautiful version of this song and fits the themes of the story nicely.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Crumbso wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:03 pm Another one from a video game I finally got round to playing, The Walking Dead - The Final Season. I think the same band does all the music for it and they're called The Be Good Tanyas.

That's really good dude. It reminds me of Shawn James, or even some of the folkier songs by Shaman's Harvest or Days of the New

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Devil Inside You wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:38 am
Crumbso wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:03 pm Another one from a video game I finally got round to playing, The Walking Dead - The Final Season. I think the same band does all the music for it and they're called The Be Good Tanyas.

That's really good dude. It reminds me of Shawn James, or even some of the folkier songs by Shaman's Harvest or Days of the New
Nice one. I'll have a look into those artists you mentioned.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Gonna throw some underground prog at you:

Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Dolo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:48 pm Gonna throw some underground prog at you:

Do you like Fair to Midland?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Dolo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Do you like Fair to Midland?

I do enjoy some of their stuff, but not too crazy about them.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

This is an older tune called 'Faith is a Room' by KXM. It's a little-known band but the members in it are pretty high hitters.

The members are:

Doug Pinnick (King's X) - Bass, Vocals
Ray Luzier (Korn, David Lee Roth, Steel Panther) - Drums
George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob) - Guitar

They're all fantastic at their instruments and they've put out 3 bloody good albums that just always seem to go to the wayside when it comes to people's attention.

Interesting fact, all three albums have been done where the members get into the recording room with no preconceived ideas or notions of what the album will sound like and they produce one song per day! You would never know considering how polished everything sounds.

Time Flies from their latest album:

Scatterbrain from their second album:

Devil Inside You
Isolated

KXM is cool! I'm not crazy about them but they are a very unique supergroup. Ray Luzier is great exposure given his status in KoRn. His Army of Anyone album with Richard Patrick of Filter, and the Deleo brothers of STP is really good too if you haven't heard it.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I love Zebra, a band known mostly in Louisiana and the New York - Long Island area. They had 3 albums in the 80's and kind of fizzled out. They released a 4th album in the early 2000's and are supposedly working on one now. I wouldn't even know which single song to tell people to listen to.

The first song on their first album isn't a bad place to start:

For musicians I would also point out "Take Your Fingers from my Hair" a wonderful song covered by Dream Theater several years ago:

"Whose Behind the Door" probably got the most airplay and if you know any Zebra, it's probably that:

But they're so much more than their first album (from which all of these songs come). I would recommend going through the list of 10 Zebra songs in this article if you have time:

https://www.classicrockhistory.com/top-10-zebra-songs/

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Devil Inside You wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:45 am KXM is cool! I'm not crazy about them but they are a very unique supergroup. Ray Luzier is great exposure given his status in KoRn. His Army of Anyone album with Richard Patrick of Filter, and the Deleo brothers of STP is really good too if you haven't heard it.
I'm going to have to check out the rest of that album. I did love the single they released, Goodbye. Fantastic chorus in that song.

One more contribution to this thread which should be completely out of left field. There's an entire community of people over the last 25 or 30 years who have been "remixing" or "arranging" classic video game music, which means anything from a straight rerecording with different instruments to a complete reimagining into larger song with new parts and added solos. Usually it's just one guy doing it, and occasionally a small band. In one case a giant 3 disk compilation album was made for a game called Secret of Mana, and the centerpeice of the album was an insane 12 minute prog remix of the final boss music featuring a core of 5 or 6 guys with guest parts and solos from about 30 different artists. It's worth a listen.