The Ides of March

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Ides of March

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

The Dissident wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:01 pm Turns out that despite getting a confirmation email from them, the payment for some reason didn't go through and my order didn't get made...
It's got three very good songs on it. Then like two other maybe-good songs. The rest are mediocre.

People here gotta stop giving Myles a free pass.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am
It's got three very good songs on it. Then like two other maybe-good songs. The rest are mediocre.

Or we have, you know, different opinions to you.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Ubik wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:10 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am

Or we have, you know, different opinions to you.
Different opinions are one thing, but some of the posts I'm seeing are indicative of people trying to convince themselves that they're liking what they really don't know what to feel at this point.

It's like the crowd who were trying to jam out to Show Me a Leader as AB was also trying to force that one into setlists. Eventually, everyone caught wind that it had a nice intro and that's it.

That's what this album feels like it has: remnants of good tracks, destroyed by mediocrity around it. Oh, and still too many layers of Myles upon Myles.

That being said, I maintain that there are still three very good songs on here:

- The Ides of March
- Worried Mind
- Love Rain Down

And yes, people will enjoy this material, I understand that. I also feel that if this was not Myles Kennedy or a member of Alter Bridge that the majority of songs on here wouldn't ever get a second listen.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i pretty much agree with you muffin. I think if the album was more like citizen swing i would've liked it more but nothing on the record has me going back to it. i just don't care. I really like year of the tiger and his slash stuff, though i think the previous record wasn't that great. But I'm more interested in marks next solo record. A dying Machine was a freaking epic record. I listen to it all the time. It had great music and lyrics. Can't say the same about ides of march.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:46 amAnd yes, people will enjoy this material, I understand that. I also feel that if this was not Myles Kennedy or a member of Alter Bridge that the majority of songs on here wouldn't ever get a second listen.
I mean this is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but still. Am I not allowed to enjoy a new release here and get excited about stuff and mean what I say when I say I enjoyed this album from start to finish? It's not me giving Myles a free pass. I, for one, did not finish listening to Living the Dream in full, but I didn't go out of my way to rag about it. I just moved on with life and wait until AB starts announcing stuff.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:54 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:46 amAnd yes, people will enjoy this material, I understand that. I also feel that if this was not Myles Kennedy or a member of Alter Bridge that the majority of songs on here wouldn't ever get a second listen.
I mean this is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but still. Am I not allowed to enjoy a new release here and get excited about stuff and mean what I say when I say I enjoyed this album from start to finish? It's not me giving Myles a free pass. I, for one, did not finish listening to Living the Dream in full, but I didn't go out of my way to rag about it. I just moved on with life and wait until AB starts announcing stuff.
Fair enough.

For good measure, it's not like I'm not listening to the album. I haven't changed it out in my car and have let it play on iTunes when I go and wash my car on Saturday evenings. It's getting its plays as I still will get my money's worth.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Myles will be performing at Rock am Ring next year.
https://www.facebook.com/rockamring/pho ... 324689880/

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

My Ides of March merch finally arrived yesterday! Almost an entire month after release :/ But better late than never! :peace The funny thing is somehow when doing the checkout information for the order back in February, the website had my sisters name in the order history for previous purchases I guess, although Im still not entirely sure how I ended up needing to use her name :headscratch :shrug :/ But anyways, I ordered one of those "personalized 'thank you' cards" from the website and it came addressed to my sister's name instead of mine :lol :lol :lol Im not even upset or anything by it, I thought it was kind of funny when I opened up the card to see her name there :lol :/ :facepalm

gbruin
MEGLADONG

The Ides of March, and May, and now June...

Post by gbruin »

I still haven't gotten my preorder. USPS admits they lost it in Chicago and basically said it sucks to be me. Fuckers.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Ides of March, and May, and now June...

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:59 pm I still haven't gotten my preorder. USPS admits they lost it in Chicago and basically said it sucks to be me. Fuckers.
Damn, Greg! That is just ridiculously poor service! :/ Im sorry that you're order is getting treated like this :no :hug

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Order arrived over the weekend. Listened to the album on monday. It isn't amazing but I love the versatility of it, an enjoyable album throughout.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Man, it's actually a bit depressing seeing the reactions, or lack thereof, of the album on here. I thought it was an excellent album front to back. I liked Year of The Tiger alot, but this album was a step up in my opinion. Just seems like most people on here don't really like it much, or just aren't talking about it at all. Idk, to each their own, just kind of feel bad for Myles.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:36 am Man, it's actually a bit depressing seeing the reactions, or lack thereof, of the album on here. I thought it was an excellent album front to back. I liked Year of The Tiger alot, but this album was a step up in my opinion. Just seems like most people on here don't really like it much, or just aren't talking about it at all. Idk, to each their own, just kind of feel bad for Myles.
The lack of registered users visiting the site in general these days could also have something to do with the absence of album reviews/reactions :/ But you're right about feeling bad for Myles. :/ But we wont know for sure if its just exclusive to Myles' solo project or if Marching In Time will also suffer the same lack of reactions until September.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:36 am Man, it's actually a bit depressing seeing the reactions, or lack thereof, of the album on here. I thought it was an excellent album front to back. I liked Year of The Tiger alot, but this album was a step up in my opinion. Just seems like most people on here don't really like it much, or just aren't talking about it at all. Idk, to each their own, just kind of feel bad for Myles.
Selfishly, I feel bad for me. Why he's still harmonizing with himself seventeen times in every song is beyond me.

I do keep the album on shuffle still, though (meaning just shuffling the songs on this album). I always look forward to hearing The Ides of March, Worried Mind, and Love Rain Down.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:50 am
The lack of registered users visiting the site in general these days could also have something to do with the absence of album reviews/reactions :/ But you're right about feeling bad for Myles. :/ But we wont know for sure if its just exclusive to Myles' solo project or if Marching In Time will also suffer the same lack of reactions until September.
What's Marching In Time?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

maximzub wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:31 pmWhat's Marching In Time?
Marks upcoming solo record.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Allegedly... :shifty

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Ides of Marching in Time

If I look back at albums I think of as good vs. bad... I find that it only takes 3 songs that I really love to make me think an album is good. If I reappraise and album and discover a new song, I'll start thinking a "bad" album is pretty good after all.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know, I think the bright side regarding the way Elvis produces stuff is that you can appreciate performances like this. Here's an acoustic performance of A Thousand Words. Stuff like this is why we love this guy.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Yup, much prefer that arrangement.
For all of the hope that it brings...