The Random Alter Bridge Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Random Alter Bridge Thread

Post by maximzub »

This Alter Bridge is starting to creep into my songwriting.

Key: My song = Alter Bridge song (Reason)

Sanity Insanity = Island Of Fools (pedals off between D and C during the verses)
Dilution = Metalingus (verse structure and the fact that the chorus is much higher vocally than the verses)
Death Of The Softness = Tuning (A G C F A D, so a half-step down from The Writing On The Wall, Come To Life, I Know It Hurts, etc.)
I Cannot Live Like This Anymore = Shed My Skin (octaves during chorus); The End Is Here (jamming on a riff in place of a guitar solo)
Welcome To Die = Tuning (A G C F A D)
Why Am I = Fortress (a fake pause turns into a bass line, which is followed by a guitar solo battle)
Journey My Way = Shed My Skin (fingerstyle intro in a similar style); In Loving Memory (clean guitar and no drums suddenly becomes heavy guitar and drums)
Still Friends = Calm The Fire (octaves followed by the same intro drum fill); Peace Is Broken (beginning of the guitar solo echoes chorus vocal melody)
Losing A Friend = Cradle To The Grave/Buried Alive (intro arpeggio); Shed My Skin (octaves during chorus); Broken Wings (similar bridge)
Roadtrip Song = Rise Today (everything); Open Your Eyes/Down To My Last (intro drum fill); Crows On A Wire (backing vocals during last chorus); the solo is also very much inspired by Mark Tremonti
There's also a song I'm writing that is modeled off of The Last Hero, with the chorus inspired by White Knuckles. It doesn't have a name yet.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Re: Or maybe I'm just a sensitive guy. Awwww.

Post by DarkKnight12 »

zazthespaz wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:41 pm
Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:27 pm I knew that Myles worked as a guitar teacher after MF4 but I did not know that this was due to his tinnitus. He also declined to join Velvet Revolver for that reason. On the one hand it's quite obvious that a job as musician can cause hearing damages, but on the other hand that topic is still quite worrying.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... MHscgzJAsA
What I don't get is why their shows are still loud in spite of his tinnitus. I know I'm rehashing an old point but if my ears are ringing for 2 days after one AB show, I can only imagine what it's doing to their ears night after night on a tour. I know it's a little quieter on stage, but there has to be some impact from the loudness.

I can’t stress this enough guys but WEAR EARPLUGS WHEN YOU RE AT A GIG!! Protect your hearing guys. I would advise to Invest a little bit of money into a good pair of earplugs that doesn’t “muffle the sound” and ruin the experience but please, protect your hearing.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah on stage they usually wear in ear monitors so they can hear the live mix while playing. A good pair of monitors act like ear plugs to drown out a lot of the outside noise so they can hear what’s being sent into the mix. This is what mostly protects musicians’ hearing on stage.

I used to not wear earplugs at shows as a teenager but I started developing lower levels of tinnitus pretty young. I’ve worn earplugs to every concert for more than a decade now. I’ve tried those earplugs geared for high fidelity that’s supposed to lower the volume without muffling it but they don’t do much at AB shows so I usually put the good old foam ones in lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I could swear that I ran into Brian Marshall at a car repair shop today...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

I DID IT!!!!!

Post by maximzub »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 pmDid you finish listening to all of the songs yet, though?
I DID IT!

I've finally listened to all main album Alter Bridge songs. Today my dad had surgery for his Achilles tendon (and yes David, I ended up playing Cry Of Achilles for him at another open mic), so I'm home alone. I thought I would just listen to a few new Alter Bridge songs to kill the time. 5 became 8, which became 10, which became 15. That means I've gone through them all!

Watch Your Words is brutal. I had high expectations for it, and it did not disappoint.

Last Of Our Kind was a surprise. I've heard lots of bad things about it, and some comparisons to Still Remains, which is a song I don't like. But as it turns out, I think it's an awesome song! Is that Myles soloing at the end?

Save Me is okay. Burn It Down is weird and drags on, but I like it enough. Show Me A Sign is pretty cool. Make It Right and Wayward One are nothing special. Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad left me pretty confused at the end. Of course Mark is an amazing guitarist, but overall it just doesn't sound like a song. Fallout, Breathe Again, One By One, and Break Me Down are okay but nothing special. One time when the chorus of Break Me Down was coming up, I was expecting the chorus of One By One. Just goes to say how similar those two songs are. I don't like Zero. Home is okay. The first half of Coming Home is disgusting, but then the heavy part comes and I like it.

I also took some time to go through other stuff I haven't heard or haven't heard in a long time. In The Deep sounds a lot better live than in the studio, and the song itself is better than I remember. Indoctrination is growing on me. The studio version of The End Is Here is heavier than the Live At The Royal Albert Hall version, and it's in a cooler key (C instead of C#), but it doesn't sound as natural as the Live At The Royal Albert Hall version. One Day Remains is also growing on me. I still don't like All Hope Is Gone. I thought maybe I would like it better by listening to the studio version instead of the Live From Wembley version, but I was wrong. The Last Hero has a lot of stuff in the studio version that isn't there in the Live At The Royal Albert Hall version. I still like that version better because it's cooler with the symphony, but the studio version is clearer, if you will. Show Me A Leader sounds terrible live! I listened to the Live At The O2 Arena version. The acoustic version of Losing Patience is interesting and I think I'll start playing some arrangement close to that version.

That's the most I've listened to Alter Bridge in one sitting since October when I listened to almost the whole Live At The O2 Arena album.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of my discovery of Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and all things associated with Mark and Myles. :peace :eek :mkrules :mtrocks June 18th, 2013. Can't believe its been 8 years already. Getting closer to that 10 years milestone! :)

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:41 am Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of my discovery of Alter Bridge, Tremonti, and all things associated with Mark and Myles. :peace :eek :mkrules :mtrocks June 18th, 2013. Can't believe its been 8 years already. Getting closer to that 10 years milestone! :)
Somewhere in August will be the 1 year anniversary for me. I wish I knew the exact date. I reset my Shazam app on my phone so I can't go back and find when I Shazamed the first Alter Bridge songs I heard. But I still remember the songs I heard: Broken Wings, Watch Over You, Blackbird, In Loving Memory, Addicted To Pain, and Rise Today.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

You guys remember my Cry Of Achilles video where I sang (almost) all the vocal parts and recorded guitars on top of each other?

Well, I just did a similar thing with Show Me A Leader. Four vocal tracks and three guitar tracks. I hope you like it!

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Happy Alter Bridge Anniversaries, everyone!!

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:08 pm You guys remember my Cry Of Achilles video where I sang (almost) all the vocal parts and recorded guitars on top of each other?

Well, I just did a similar thing with Show Me A Leader. Four vocal tracks and three guitar tracks. I hope you like it!

Very nice work, mximzub. You're really talented. If we can just let us get your social life straightened out here :P you're gonna be fire.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Let's play "Spot The Alter Bridge Song"! This is my open mic performance from July 1.

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Island of fools is one of the best songs on the album if not the best

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

I really liked the intro to Island of Fools but it took a while for the next part to grow on me and I still don't love it. I do like that verse though.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Nobody wanted to play "Spot The Alter Bridge Song"?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dunno where to put this since there is no Tremonti social media thread or something like that.
Anyways, here you can see rare footage of Mark wearing a non-black T-shirt. In fact, this shirt is even the complete opposite of black, it's white!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=64 ... 2416806290

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: black is my happy place.

Post by zazthespaz »

Mr. Slash wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:14 pmAnyways, here you can see rare footage of Mark wearing a non-black T-shirt. In fact, this shirt is even the complete opposite of black, it's white!
:lol :lol
He doesn't look happy in it... :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well. I'm thinking about replacing the t-shirt I got in the Royal Albert Hall DVD bundle as it's starting to feel a bit tight to wear (had it for three years). That's my go-to concert t-shirt and I was thinking if Napalm Records America store still has it (since it's the only store that sold it). They don't, but they had this lovely looking t-shirt that I never knew was on sale. I was thinking of getting it, but they only have it in Small and 5X Large. What a bummer. Would have been a suitable replacement for me to wear in concerts.

https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com//a ... shirt.html

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:43 pm Would have been a suitable replacement for me to wear in concerts.
Imagine me going to a Pop Evil concert wearing a jacket with a bunch of patches of different bands, but Pop Evil wasn't among them.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:04 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:43 pm Would have been a suitable replacement for me to wear in concerts.
Imagine me going to a Pop Evil concert wearing a jacket with a bunch of patches of different bands, but Pop Evil wasn't among them.
I seriously despise that look. The jean vest look with all of those patches of different bands. No. Just no.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:38 am Nobody wanted to play "Spot The Alter Bridge Song"?
The time slider showed that it was Shed My Skin. Do I win? :P

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I think that everyone has been in that place where you listen to a AB song (it doesn't matter if new or old) and you can appreciate that song more than ever before, I mean I was listening AB in shuffle the other day and The Last Hero came out and I can only say that this song it's perfect, I'm not sure about the lyrics tho, but at least vocally and instrumentally it's just one of my favorites without a doubt.