The Ides of March

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Ides of March

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:18 am You know, I think the bright side regarding the way Elvis produces stuff is that you can appreciate performances like this. Here's an acoustic performance of A Thousand Words. Stuff like this is why we love this guy.

Yup, that fits much better. Kind of gives a Thunder Rolls vibe. Still not the best song, but it goes to show what is lost when more is added to it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

At long last...

Post by gbruin »

Well, since the Post Office no longer cares they lost my preorder bundle, I finally caved and bought another copy of The Ides of March from Amazon. It arrived in a day and the case was cracked. The CD still loaded properly though and so, 6 weeks after its release, I have listened to the new Myles Kennedy solo album.

My review...it's fine.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: At long last...

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:43 pm Well, since the Post Office no longer cares they lost my preorder bundle, I finally caved and bought another copy of The Ides of March from Amazon. It arrived in a day and the case was cracked. The CD still loaded properly though and so, 6 weeks after its release, I have listened to the new Myles Kennedy solo album.

My review...it's fine.
If your review of the album is fine then why wont you share it with the rest of us, Greg! ;) :lol :P

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: At long last...

Post by nagpo »

gbruin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:43 pm

My review...it's fine.
Post of the year, folks.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I cant speak for everyone but Im tired of the constant complaints about shit on this forum and dont come back often. And I wonder if others are in the same boat.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Kreuger wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:49 pm And I wonder if others are in the same boat.
Yeah, sort of. But then on the other hand you gotta say that the complaints sometimes have a point.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kreuger wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:49 pm I cant speak for everyone but Im tired of the constant complaints about shit on this forum and dont come back often. And I wonder if others are in the same boat.
It's easier to talk about things you dislike... Naturally they come up more because negative emotions are more impassioned. If you like something you just say you like it and move on. If you don't like something you can write a paragraph about how bad it is. In the end, either one means you care about the product.

Overall, I liked some things on the record but was lukewarm about the rest. But I don't really come in here and trash it all the time. I'm pretty indifferent about the record. I only listened to it twice.

I check this forum every day, it's the natural evolution from the old creedfeed forums and I was on there all the time too. The stapp/tremonti and related sphere has been apart of my life since I was a child and I'll always be listening to this music even if its good or bad so I don't think I'll ever stop check in on this site until they ban me lol. Kind of surprised I lasted this long tbh. :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

nagpo wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:43 pmso I don't think I'll ever stop check in on this site until they ban me lol. Kind of surprised I lasted this long tbh. :D
Don't tempt zaz :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:22 am
nagpo wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:43 pmso I don't think I'll ever stop check in on this site until they ban me lol. Kind of surprised I lasted this long tbh. :D
LOL I kind of think if I was going to be banned it would've happened a long time ago. There is only a handful of people that use this site now so banning me would make it a lot quieter. I don't really get into fights anymore like I used to so that helps. Lesson number 1: don't talk about politics. It also helps that I've been in this community since before alter bridge was even a thing

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

nagpo wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:00 am
LOL I kind of think if I was going to be banned it would've happened a long time ago. There is only a handful of people that use this site now so banning me would make it a lot quieter. I don't really get into fights anymore like I used to so that helps. Lesson number 1: don't talk about politics. It also helps that I've been in this community since before alter bridge was even a thing
Yeah man, it's been quite a long time. I remember being a teenager when I joined the AlterBridgeBand.Net forums in 2005.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

George wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:17 pm
nagpo wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:00 am
Yeah man, it's been quite a long time. I remember being a teenager when I joined the AlterBridgeBand.Net forums in 2005.
yeah wow. so I checked my old creedfeed account. turns out I joined exactly on 03-01-2005. So i guess i wasn't part of the web community before AB. But I've been listening to creed since i was a child and have followed their respective careers since. I don't think i was on alterbridgeband.net. I think this site was formed by some former creedfeed users maybe and I was approached to come over to this site, actually. I accepted because creedfeed was dead as a community

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Thus endeth the chapter of the Lost Ides Of March

Post by gbruin »

Well well, presumably the same part of the universe where they make sure it rains the day after you wash your car was just waiting for me to buy a new copy of The Ides of March because USPS "located" my long lost presale bundle and delivered it to me 5 days after I bought the CD from Amazon. Now had they ever updated my tracking info to say they had found it and that it was on its way, I could have saved that whole $11 I spent on the new copy, but I can afford that for Myles and god knows Bezos needs to eat. But the best (and "best" is said with an enormous eye roll) part was the ironically self-congratulatory email I got from USPS declaring themselves wonderful for having successfully delivered my package on July 3rd that originally shipped on May 10.

Oh, hey, look!! There's a new Tremonti album on presale!!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

New video out for A Thousand Words

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Same style as Native Son. Not only regarding the paper style stop motion thing. The video director seems to like railroads.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

So last week was fun… My kids drove down to Universal for HHN 30 and I met them there in the park on Wednesday because as luck would have it I just happened to have the day off! It rained hard so we were all soaked from head to toe. (Still a great time!) but on my way home I noticed Myles had tickets available and “The Plaza” was only 25 minutes away. I had 45 minutes to change… I tried changing in my car but wound up in the Barnes and Noble bathroom! LoL

I had a nice seat and the show was incredible so glad I went. I had to leave early because work beckoned at 4 am the next morning (I got 3 hours of sleep)! I Loved it …he is such a genuine person and so talented! Great show. I’m hoping to be able to get an entire set in without having to leave early next time!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Myles hasn't played Love Rain Down at all on The Ides Of March tour. And has only played The Ides Of March (the song) once. Any explanations as to why?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:03 pm Myles hasn't played Love Rain Down at all on The Ides Of March tour. And has only played The Ides Of March (the song) once. Any explanations as to why?
Can only assume that they need to practice the songs a bit more.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

There's any footage of The Ides of March live? :(

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Well, I'm over two years late to the party, but I finally listened to the first three singles from this album today. The Ides Of March first, then In Stride popped up in the recommended, so I listened to it too. Then I decided, why not listen to Get Along as well.

It feels very strange to hear Myles's voice, guitar playing, and songwriting style in music that isn't in the same territory as Alter Bridge. Throughout all three songs, I was in my head trying to AB-ify them. Maybe it's because my songwriting style identifies the most closely with Mark, out of all the musicians I like. Maybe someday, I'll record something like that. I can imagine In Stride sounding like Holiday a little bit.

In addition, by listening to these, I can now pinpoint exactly what Myles brings to the table with Alter Bridge. And I can appreciate what a great overall musician he is. The second guitar solo in The Ides Of March is purely amazing. So is the solo in Get Along. So is the chorus of In Stride, the main riff of The Ides Of March (I'm referring to the E-B-D-A-C-G chord progression), the drumming in most of In Stride (not Myles, obviously, and I must say it sounds strangely like Flip even though it's not him), and the bridge of Get Along. My only real complaints about the three songs are the part between the last chorus and second solo of The Ides Of March, which just sounds like it came out of nowhere, and the fact that it's missing Mark's touch which I enjoy so much.

My final opinion? It's not Alter Bridge. There is just some sort of magic when Myles and Mark write together that makes me like the band better than each of their solo projects. However, I really do enjoy Myles's songwriting by itself as well. It may be a style that's out of my comfort zone, but I still like it. I'm probably going to listen to some more of his solo work, and I'll definitely listen to the third album if/when it comes out.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs