Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Marching In Time

Post by RevenantGB »

Finally the ball-breaking is over! The teaser is so short but it hyped me up nonetheless, can't wait to hear this single.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:53 amSo does this mean we actually get it on Wednesday?
Thats the first though that came to me, too :lol

I assumed a Thursday release would mean it's a Thursday @ Midnight/Wednesday release for those in the later time zones. NZ would have it by tomorrow at 5AM PST if that were true, so I'll know when I wake up and check their iTunes tomorrow. :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

That teaser kinda reminds me of metalcore

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

Mr. Slash wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:21 pm That teaser kinda reminds me of metalcore
I had the same thought when listening to it. Interesting. Can't wait to hear it!

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I just love this time, the month or so leading up to an album release when stuff starts to come out. It's kinda like How it feels to be alive

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

mitch103 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:10 pm I just love this time, the month or so leading up to an album release when stuff starts to come out. It's kinda like How it feels to be alive
:yeahthat

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Anyone else waiting til 7 am? :yes :mtrocks

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It's up, now to see if I can convince sites that I'm kiwi.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:02 am It's up, now to see if I can convince sites that I'm kiwi.
Set your username to "Ubik, mate!"

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'm currently listening to the 90 second preview on the kiwi iTunes store on repeat, trying hard to understand what Mark is saying at the start of the chorus :headscratch I dont know if anyone else has the same issue or can hear the words just fine? :lol :/

I will say from that preview that it definitely has a different sound than I was expecting, both vocally and instrumentally. But I like it! :lol Marks vocals sound as good as ever! Not like there'd be any noticeable decline or probably improvement between ADM and MIT. At least not as much as there was between Dusterize and ADM....They sound pretty close to ADM level.

There's a repeating guitar part that's giving me serious symphonic rock vibes almost :lol Idk how else to describe it :lol But I like how this single is sounding so far! Great drumming from Ryan. Productions sounds good, at least through these headphones Im wearing :lol

ONLY 15 HOURS TO GO NOW, Y'ALL!! :eek :mtrocks :cloud9 :rockon :dance

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Infuriatingly, the VPN I was using has started playing up and now I can't access it. What perfect timing.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

"Guilty again" I think.
Mr. Slash wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am
Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:02 am It's up, now to see if I can convince sites that I'm kiwi.
This, or something like it, may have worked :shifty

It's interesting, quite different to anything he's put out before which is good to see given that the other snippets we've heard (which may or may not have been the same song) sounded pretty standard Tremonti. I was hoping it would go a little crazier at the bridge, but it is a single so not too surprising.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The music video for it drops at 9AM (I assume EST?) tomorrow according to their social medias. Even if it will probably just be a standard performance video.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Ubik wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 am "Guilty again" I think.
Mr. Slash wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am
This, or something like it, may have worked :shifty

It's interesting, quite different to anything he's put out before which is good to see given that the other snippets we've heard (which may or may not have been the same song) sounded pretty standard Tremonti. I was hoping it would go a little crazier at the bridge, but it is a single so not too surprising.
It’s definitely different but a good different. Love the song after a few listens. I don’t know why but I’m getting a Flying Monkeys vibe from the vocals but could just be me. “Cause if not for you… then I’d be dead.” Love it!!

peapod0609
Bought The CDs

Post by peapod0609 »

Thanks to the magic of VPN, I have heard the song on YouTube. Some first impressions:

- Pretty cool intro/lead that is present in much of the song
- The pacing feels a bit slower and brooding. Kind of reminds me of "Dark Trip" a little bit in some aspects here and there as far as pacing and vibe.
- I am not a huge fan of the mix, it could be a bit better.
- The bridge is kind of cool but I thought it was gonna go in a different direction (I see that Ubik agrees)
- The outro solo is a nice touch.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I was googling the song and saw that someone already managed to transcribe the lyrics to the song and upload it to a lyric site :lol

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tremont ... oryou.html

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Just heard the song after trawling through endless amounts of free chrome VPNs lol - the song has a noticeably different sound as others have noted, but having said that I do like it. Might take a couple of listens to get used to. The chorus melody is short but sweet, there's a very present guitar lead throughout much of the track and the lyrics are solid in my opinion.

I'm surprised this was chosen to be the first single more than anything, but that's not a bad thing.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I haven't yet heard the full song but is that teaser riff in 15/8? Or did it just start one beat into the riff?

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Hmm... I kinda like it? But sounds too mainstream to me :/

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So, after the first listen I like it. It's very different from what Mark has released before with this band. The style definetly leans more towards the modern mainstream rock/metal. Which is not necessarily a good thing but in this case it worked out well.