The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

Maybe a lack of inspiration?
His solo albums haven't exactly been succesful on the radio, which means his old way of writing songs doesn't work anymore.
Don't forget that he can't tour anymore, and that he's got that million dollar lawsuit from the Art of Anarchy guys.
Having such an uncertain future when you're a medium scale touring artist must be very stressful.
That's why I wouldn't be surprised if he conformed to the current norm of active rock and completely sold out.
I just hope for his sake that he won't have to sell his Creed catalogue.

As to Creed, if a new album has not happened during the pandemic, it never will. They might as call it a career, and move on with their lives.
Mark is clearly not interested in that band (and Scott) anymore, so still calling this a hiatus after 9 years is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

On a side note: have you guys seen Jagger recently? He looks a lot like his old man, and weirdly enough, he's almost got the same tattoo on his arm as Stapp's Greek guitar player.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

He should just start a new project under his name, make it a bit The Doors'ey, maybe with some country / americana influences, and focus on that. Don't focus on getting songs on the radio, don't even focus on songs. Just on genuine music and touring. Let it be more of a live experience. Lot's of jamming, simple, low vocals, talking all he wants in between.

Focussing on active radio would be musical suicide for him . Even more than Jesus Was a Rockstar was.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Could he make a decent living with that kind of music?
I'm not so sure.

Post-grunge is a thing of the past.
Creed is probably over.
His hard rock singles have almost all flopped (Art of Anarchy included).
His pop-rock songs weren't succesful either.
For someone who was once one of the biggest rockstars on earth, knowing what do to next in order to feed his family must be a head-scratcher.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There's definitely a place for that type of music. If you look at how successful the latest Grateful Dead (Dead and Company) tours have been, which were basically glorified nostalgia tours. And that's music that he's passionate about...

Maybe get a big name involved, and see what happens. It's not like he's got much to lose.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

What's interesting about the interview is the story about how he got his parents to allow him to listen to U2. U2 had a christian label on them because bono claimed to be a christian. The same happened to creed. The way I got MoP was by telling my grandmother it was a christian rock cd and she begrudgingly bought it for me lol.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:31 am
Don't forget that he can't tour anymore
What do you mean? Because of the pandemic?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Yes.
Hopefully, he and all professional musicians will be able do tour extensively as in the old days in the near future.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:47 am Yes.
Hopefully, he and all professional musicians will be able do tour extensively as in the old days in the near future.
I thought the Corona virus does not exist in the US because of freedom or something like that. At least I had the impression that there are way more concerts taking place than in Europe.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:39 am
chtimixeur wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:47 am Yes.
I thought the Corona virus does not exist in the US because of freedom or something like that. At least I had the impression that there are way more concerts taking place than in Europe.
Yes.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

nagpo wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:08 am
Kreuger wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:40 pm Scott did an interview on the Bobbycast. Only a few mins it but really good. He sounds like hes in a good place.
It was about an hour length podcast interview. Stapp goes in depth about the early days of creed, how they formed and his youth. In regards to what he says about creed, he says he doesn't consider them broken up. Just on a hiatus. He says he doesn't see any reason why creed shouldn't get back together as long as its organic. In regards to his solo content he said he's just kind of writing which is weird because we've seen videos of him in studio. He's kind of been writing for a long time now so i wonder what's taking so long to get back in the studio?
Yeah Im not sure. Maybe he wanted to wait until Yiannis could get back to the US?
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They haven't changed their story in 16 years.
There's one weird thing, though.
They say it happened on Thanksgiving night of 2005, which was November 24th.
Here's a photo from November 25th:
source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertai ... story.html

Stapp doesn't look like he was "flattened" the previous night.

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Well "flattened" could mean anything and could be a slight exaggeration. Also, is a "file photo" from Nov. 25th definitely taken on the 25th? And finally, a professional photo like this would usually be preceded by careful make-up work.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Never heard of that band before lol
Did Stapp also tell this story from his point of view somewhere? I mean, in the end it's not relevant as it seems like both sides are somewhat cool with each other now.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Mr. Slash wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:26 pm Never heard of that band before lol
Did Stapp also tell this story from his point of view somewhere? I mean, in the end it's not relevant as it seems like both sides are somewhat cool with each other now.
Yeah, he did recently. I just don't remember the interview.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Anyone see the Woodstock 99 HBO documentary? Scott made an appearance. I had no idea what went on at that festival …

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Shortman45 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:04 pm Anyone see the Woodstock 99 HBO documentary? Scott made an appearance. I had no idea what went on at that festival …
I didn't, but was curious if there was any Creed-related thing.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Shortman45 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:04 pm Anyone see the Woodstock 99 HBO documentary? Scott made an appearance. I had no idea what went on at that festival …
stapp was in the documentary? for how long?

btw you can find the entire creed woodstock concert on youtube

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

so i skimmed through the shitty documentary. it was all about how men and white people are evil and sexist. Stapps segment was only seconds long and they didn't even show creeds show at woodstock. They blamed the entire thing on fred durst lmao. whatever. fuck hbo

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Yeah. Only small section of it. He talks about Creed’s peak aligning with the Nu Metal peak. They also talk about bringing in Robby kreiger for a Doors song. Nothing big.

I thought the doco was pretty poor with the angry white men and Nu Metal band focus…but anyway.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I liked the documentary more than you guys. I do disagree with the focus on guys grabbing women's breasts and stuff like that, some of those women walking around naked all day didn't seem to mind. But I think it was right to include the douchebags who tried to destroy the place and set fire to everything. That's the opposite energy of what a music festival should be. And then I think there was a fair amount of time spent on how the organizers did such a bad job. The sewage situation alone was disgusting and ridiculous, not to mention the lack of water available.

But about Stapp, I was glad to see him on there and was hoping Tremonti would be too but he wasn't. I thought it was interesting that either Stapp or one of the other people interviewed said that when Creed brought up Robbie Krieger from The Doors no one really cared lol. Stapp also made a comment that he thought it was appropriate Megadeath ended their set with "Peace Sells...but Who's Buying?" in reference to the idiots destroying the festival grounds.