The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Micky
On The Rail

Hi I’m Paul

Post by Micky »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:13 pm I keep banning spam with links to watch Suicide Squad 2 for free. Does anyone even want to see that movie? I thought the first sucked.

This one is written and directed by the guy who did Guardians of the Galaxy and is kind of a reboot, so it’s getting RAVE reviews. Joella and I are gonna watch it tomorrow.

Side note: would anyone want to join my fantasy hockey league? It’s free and we need some people
Thanks Andy!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Hi I’m Paul

Post by MaraCarr »

Micky wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:08 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:13 pm I keep banning spam with links to watch Suicide Squad 2 for free. Does anyone even want to see that movie? I thought the first sucked.

This one is written and directed by the guy who did Guardians of the Galaxy and is kind of a reboot, so it’s getting RAVE reviews. Joella and I are gonna watch it tomorrow.

Side note: would anyone want to join my fantasy hockey league? It’s free and we need some people

Sure.. I love hockey!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MaraCarr »

I just got the confirmation that my VIP ticket to Louder than Life in Kentucky Is a done deal and complete! I put it on layaway because I bought the most beautiful Camaro on earth! :cheers

Paid out in full! Yes!!! I get to see Metallica LIVE… for the first time ever… TWICE! Pricelessness
:cloud9

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

Gonna check out new The Suicide Squad today. Hopefully it's better than the first one, cause christ almighty, then I might re-check into a show I've been watching, Dexter.

@SHEAKENBAKEN

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

TayUmSwift wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:50 am Gonna check out new The Suicide Squad today. Hopefully it's better than the first one, cause christ almighty, then I might re-check into a show I've been watching, Dexter.

@SHEAKENBAKEN
Still havent seen the first one so I dont know how bad it is. But I've watched comparison videos on YouTube between the 2 versions :lol

You better get back to watching Dexter before I spoil more of it! :P

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 am
TayUmSwift wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:50 am Gonna check out new The Suicide Squad today. Hopefully it's better than the first one, cause christ almighty, then I might re-check into a show I've been watching, Dexter.

@SHEAKENBAKEN
Still havent seen the first one so I dont know how bad it is. But I've watched comparison videos on YouTube between the 2 versions :lol

You better get back to watching Dexter before I spoil more of it! :P
Your commentary (which is non-existant by the way) is miles better than the original Suicide Squad.

And no.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, my workplace's system is down due to a power outage in the main building, so I'm limited on what I can do in work hours. Never realized how boring things would get when I start running out of things to do.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Like a miniature nuclear winter.

Post by gbruin »

Denver Colorado had the worst air quality on the planet on Sunday - due to the smoke from a massive forest fire in Northern California 1200 miles away and exactly the right (wrong) wind pattern. Temperatures here were 5-10 degrees cooler than they would be otherwise because of the layer of smoke blocking the sun.

The sooner the planet is rid of us, the better.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

To top off the mess that is my life lately, Joella and I were forced out of our condo due to a health hazard. Our ceiling in the bathroom, hallway outside of the bathroom and in our kitchen started showing wet spots about two weeks ago, so I called our landlord (My father in law). He's pretty handy and came out to take a look. As soon as he touched the ceiling in the hallway, it opened up a 3 inch hole. Then, a few more holes were poked into it (DONT ASK ME WHY HE KEPT DOING IT) and he realized he couldnt fix this so we called an HVAC guy to come out.

Yesterday the guys comes out and takes a look in our ceiling and immediately grabs a mask. "You guys have a s*** ton of mold in your ceiling. You guys can't be breathing this in." So my father-in-law and I grabbed masks and Joella took Jack outside. The guy explained to us that it looks like our entire AC system needs to be re-done, including a new central AC unit and that the whole ceiling and kitchen need to be gutted because most of the mold is there.

However, he also said it is not safe for us to be living there right now and that we need to leave ASAP. GREAT! JUST GREAT! WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN BEING HOMELESS?!

Joella's dad told us to stay with them (I'd take being homeless over staying with my in-laws anyday). So we are staying with my in laws until...get this...AT LEAST THE FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER.

Why is that? Well, the HVAC guy said that because of COVID, he cannot get the parts he needs or a new AC Unit that fits the NJ standards until October. However, he cannot even start working on the condo until the ceilings completely dry out and we get someone to come clean the mold.

This was all yesterday, Thursday August 12th. So if any of you are looking for me, I'm either contemplating jumping out a second story window head first at my in-laws house, or sleeping in my car outside Andy's house. Why outside his house? He said I'm not allowed in because I have an obnoxious "Yankee accent" whatever that means!

So in the last month, I've been laid off, am struggling financially, lost my health insurance, may have to drop out of school, my dog almost died (which we now think is a result of the mold), my moms cancer might be back, my friend died, one of my best friends is moving in 7 days and I'm really just tired. So freaking tired. I genuinely don't know what more I can do to try and get ahead in life.
Thanks Andy!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Hope everyone had a great Sunday! I sure did!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:41 pm To top off the mess that is my life lately, Joella and I were forced out of our condo due to a health hazard. Our ceiling in the bathroom, hallway outside of the bathroom and in our kitchen started showing wet spots about two weeks ago, so I called our landlord (My father in law). He's pretty handy and came out to take a look. As soon as he touched the ceiling in the hallway, it opened up a 3 inch hole. Then, a few more holes were poked into it (DONT ASK ME WHY HE KEPT DOING IT) and he realized he couldnt fix this so we called an HVAC guy to come out.

Yesterday the guys comes out and takes a look in our ceiling and immediately grabs a mask. "You guys have a s*** ton of mold in your ceiling. You guys can't be breathing this in." So my father-in-law and I grabbed masks and Joella took Jack outside. The guy explained to us that it looks like our entire AC system needs to be re-done, including a new central AC unit and that the whole ceiling and kitchen need to be gutted because most of the mold is there.

However, he also said it is not safe for us to be living there right now and that we need to leave ASAP. GREAT! JUST GREAT! WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN BEING HOMELESS?!

Joella's dad told us to stay with them (I'd take being homeless over staying with my in-laws anyday). So we are staying with my in laws until...get this...AT LEAST THE FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER.

Why is that? Well, the HVAC guy said that because of COVID, he cannot get the parts he needs or a new AC Unit that fits the NJ standards until October. However, he cannot even start working on the condo until the ceilings completely dry out and we get someone to come clean the mold.

This was all yesterday, Thursday August 12th. So if any of you are looking for me, I'm either contemplating jumping out a second story window head first at my in-laws house, or sleeping in my car outside Andy's house. Why outside his house? He said I'm not allowed in because I have an obnoxious "Yankee accent" whatever that means!

So in the last month, I've been laid off, am struggling financially, lost my health insurance, may have to drop out of school, my dog almost died (which we now think is a result of the mold), my moms cancer might be back, my friend died, one of my best friends is moving in 7 days and I'm really just tired. So freaking tired. I genuinely don't know what more I can do to try and get ahead in life.
I'm sorry you're going through this, Micky. I got no fixes, but I understand feeling tired and all that really means. Just sending wishes for strength and resilience for you and Joella to get through to brighter days ahead.

Cause I see in you more than you'll ever know
And I ask you why you question the strength inside...

Keep grinding, amigo. One day this will be better.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, my first concert since the AB show in Spokane, Washington last year is this Saturday. Going to see Rise Against in Irvine, CA. How the heck do I show proof of vaccine without needing to bring the actual card? Would a screenshot of the card suffice?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:03 pm Well, my first concert since the AB show in Spokane, Washington last year is this Saturday. Going to see Rise Against in Irvine, CA. How the heck do I show proof of vaccine without needing to bring the actual card? Would a screenshot of the card suffice?
Let us know what the venue does. I have a photo of my card saved on my phone so I don't have to carry (and therefore risk losing) my vax card. Hopefully that will suffice.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Terminator 6: Rise of the Appliances.

Post by gbruin »

Two weeks ago, the refrigerator in our house and the refrigerator in our mountain home 100 miles away, which we had rented to a family for a year, both died. The motor in the fridge at home had burned out so we hired a repair guy to replace that and waited for a part. Then we went up to see what was up with the fridge in the mountains and determined it needed the motherboard replaced. While there, my wife tried to self clean the oven, but the locking mechanism on the door wouldn't activate. So we ordered a replacement motherboard for the fridge and a new latch motor for the oven and then went back the next week to change those out. While moving the fridge to replace the motherboard, the water line underneath got cut, necessitating that to get spliced and repaired. Meanwhile we replaced the latch motor on the oven and it worked properly and latched the door to self clean, but then it wouldn't release afterward so the oven was permanently locked, requiring us to dissemble the front and top of the stove to remove the new latch motor we just put in, just to be able to open the door. Meanwhile back at home, the fridge repair guy replaced the motor, but when he turned the water line to that fridge back on, the valve cracked and started leaking. We got it slowed to steady drip, so then I had to find a plumber to come out - at an emergency rate - to replace the valve. :facepalm :lol

I think everything is currently fixed and working. :X We'll see if it lasts for the rest of the day.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

No wonder the company that made it went out of business…

Post by Andy92 »

Meanwhile my grandparents’ freezer from the 70s is still going at my parents’ place.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: No wonder the company that made it went out of business…

Post by Micky »

Andy92 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:47 pm Meanwhile my grandparents’ freezer from the 70s is still going at my parents’ place.
DONT RUB IT IN ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg, sorry to gear about your troubles buddy. If you need to talk, i'm here for you
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: They were formed for printers technically, but...

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

HVAC > Refrigerator

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 am
Andy92 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:47 pm Meanwhile my grandparents’ freezer from the 70s is still going at my parents’ place.

Greg, sorry to gear about your troubles buddy. If you need to talk, i'm here for you
You're either too kind or a sarcastic beast, but I have to laugh at the whole thing because it's trivial in today's world. Been thinking about you and yours. Hope things are going ok.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: HVAC > Refrigerator

Post by Micky »

gbruin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:58 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 am

You're either too kind or a sarcastic beast, but I have to laugh at the whole thing because it's trivial in today's world. Been thinking about you and yours. Hope things are going ok.
Not being sarcastic! I Genuinely care! Thank you bud

Things are okay right now. Just waiting for my father in law to get off his ass and call the HVAC guy. My father in law and I have done a lot of work inside the condo so hopefully it’s all done soon. Appreciate the kind words!
Thanks Andy!