The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MaraCarr »

I have been homeless. I slept in my car for months. I am a travel nurse...so I have a home that I pay for my kids to be comfortable and live in... while I work on the road. It pays very well and more than enough to support them at the same time. I've learned that the safest place to sleep is in hospital parking lots because they have 24 hour security...I would recline my seat...so they didn't see me... but I felt safe. Planet Fitness has great showers...so I would go there after work to shower and brush my teeth. It is funny because I began to notice other people doing the same thing. My eyes were opened...There are a lot of them...especially in college towns.
I dont regret any of it...One of my fondest memories was eating from the dollar menu at McDonald's....while parked in their lot...drinking an extra large Budlight...watching the traffic go by, telling myself its going to be ok! Somehow I knew in my heart everything was going to be ok! And it is...Everything is okay...two years later. :)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Good to hear, Mara.

I'm back from the Rise Against concert. It feels good to be back at FivePoint Amphitheater. Last time I was there was for Zac Brown Band two years ago. That Rise Against show was everything I missed in a concert. They went almost 90 minutes (which was already well worth the $25.00 for the ticket I paid. It may have been a nosebleed seat, but it was a great center view). Solid crowd, a nice mixture of their new songs, some old stuff, and their well-known songs and everyone singing along and excited for every minute of it.

As for the vaccine card rules, for now, the venue is sticking with the honor system. If you are vaccined you don't need to wear a mask. If you aren't, you are advised to do so. They didn't check for vaccine cards, but I'm sure that would change in the months coming by. I'm just going to continue bringing my copy of the card just in case.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:42 am Good to hear, Mara.

I'm back from the Rise Against concert. It feels good to be back at FivePoint Amphitheater. Last time I was there was for Zac Brown Band two years ago. That Rise Against show was everything I missed in a concert. They went almost 90 minutes (which was already well worth the $25.00 for the ticket I paid. It may have been a nosebleed seat, but it was a great center view). Solid crowd, a nice mixture of their new songs, some old stuff, and their well-known songs and everyone singing along and excited for every minute of it.

As for the vaccine card rules, for now, the venue is sticking with the honor system. If you are vaccined you don't need to wear a mask. If you aren't, you are advised to do so. They didn't check for vaccine cards, but I'm sure that would change in the months coming by. I'm just going to continue bringing my copy of the card just in case.
I love RATM...Maggie's Farm is one of my favorites....
I have a VIP ticket to Louder than Life in Kentucky and recently received an email that they are requiring Vaccine cards or proof within 72 hours of negative Covid results. I took the J&J vac. months ago and I have my card so I am good to go. My youngest daughter recently graduated with a degree in nursing, passed the NCLEX and is specializing in burn trauma at UAB in Birmingham, Alabama. They are actually paying $400 for employees to get the vaccine. She sent me data from the hospital last week. They have 169 people admitted with COVID. 149 have no vaccine. 20 have the vaccine. Just the facts.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Hey guys,

Posting my link for my Fantasy Hockey League. I've never created my own league before so bare with me. I have the draft set for Tomorrow August 23rd at 7PM Eastern time, but I can always change it if necessary. I just needed to pick a time. Desperate for people so feel free to join even if you don't know anything about hockey!

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ ... e43ffc532b
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'm really enjoying the most recent albums from Unleash The Archers, Apex and Abyss, And I'm currently trying to give Time Stands Still some more attention but as much as I've tried to dig into their first 2 albums, I can't appreciate them as much because of all the male growls and screams and harsh vocals they have. I would have been a bigger fan of this band and all their work if it wasn't for that one aspect I have issues with. Every other part of them from an instrumental standpoint is great.

Is there anyone else who can relate to really liking part of a band's discography but just not being able to vibe with some of their work?

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:26 pm Is there anyone else who can relate to really liking part of a band's discography but just not being able to vibe with some of their work?
Pop Evil. A lot of their stuff outside of War Of Angels and Onyx is just not growing on me. A few songs here and there, yes, but not everything.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I want to announce my return to TABN. I've been off of the site for a month because something happened between me and Grace that sent my whole life into a new direction. I wanted to stay off (with the exception of promoting Headroom Karma) until I had resolved the situations with at least one of my two female friends (Addison or Grace). So, things are looking up between me and Grace. Her birthday was last Friday, and I sent her a sweet message wishing her happy birthday and saying that I look forward to showing her the new me. She responded positively, so I'll just wait and see what happens. As for Addison, I might have to get school to intervene because we just can't continue being in the same class while completely ignoring each other. And as for you guys, well, I'm back!
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:10 pm I want to announce my return to TABN.
I want to announce I just had a very pleasant bowel movement.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:54 pmI want to announce I just had a very pleasant bowel movement.
I want to announce I'm happy for you for having it. :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

And I want to announce that I'm trying really hard to commit to dieting since I felt really sluggish and out of shape, last Saturday in the last concert I've been to and I don't want that to happen again this Friday when I see Coheed and Cambria.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:24 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:54 pmI want to announce I just had a very pleasant bowel movement.
I want to announce I'm happy for you for having it. :D
Thanks, bud. Won't always be the case, right? :lol
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 pm And I want to announce that I'm trying really hard to commit to dieting since I felt really sluggish and out of shape, last Saturday in the last concert I've been to and I don't want that to happen again this Friday when I see Coheed and Cambria.
Spend some time out in the sun (weather permitting) and have a glass of water before you go on Friday. Also get some good sleep the night before. Simple stuff but always gives the body a little boost :)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:43 pmThanks, bud. Won't always be the case, right? :lo
Sometimes we aren't so lucky, no. :lol :/

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's not a total zaz-level detour though

Post by gbruin »

I'm in Lexington KY tonight, currently about 60% of the way on a road trip from Denver to Troy NY (near Albany) with my son. He's taking a car back to college this year so we're driving out together. We have about 11-12 hours left to go as we're going a bit out of our way to drive through West Virginia tomorrow as neither of us have been in that state and I always hear how pretty its is.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Micky
On The Rail

Re: It's not a total zaz-level detour though

Post by Micky »

gbruin wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:44 am I'm in Lexington KY tonight, currently about 60% of the way on a road trip from Denver to Troy NY (near Albany) with my son. He's taking a car back to college this year so we're driving out together. We have about 11-12 hours left to go as we're going a bit out of our way to drive through West Virginia tomorrow as neither of us have been in that state and I always hear how pretty its is.
Sounds like a fun time, buddy! I just made a road trip from NJ to Virginia and back. It's a great drive. Never been to WV myself, but hoping to drive/take a train down there in the near future.

How long will you guys be in NY? Glad you're getting to spend some time with your son!
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Decent spread, he makes good eggs.

Post by zazthespaz »

Watch out for Andy. I met him for breakfast* along that route one time coming home from Summer’s (when she lived in Lexington).

*he laid out a spike strip I drove over and “conveniently” had a picnic waiting on the side of the road.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I also fry a mean pancake.

Post by Andy92 »

I found Cameron a breakfast spot 5 seconds off the interstate exit. He just likes to complain.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Minus Beast

Post by zazthespaz »

You ever see “The Hills Have Eyes”? It was just like that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

fake stan exposed

Post by TayUmSwift »

Baken's switched sides.

He's no longer Alter Bridges's (or anyone associated with AB) stan, but a massive stan (read "simp") of one Brittany Slayes. He's announcing his depature via me, his best buddy of all time.

@baken

/it's a joke obviously

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: also departure not depature

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

TayUmSwift wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:52 pm Baken's switched sides.

He's no longer Alter Bridges's (or anyone associated with AB) stan, but a massive stan (read "simp") of one Brittany Slayes. He's announcing his depature via me, his best buddy of all time.
It's Brittney, not Brittany ;) :smashcomp

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Re: also departure not depature

Post by TayUmSwift »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:58 pm
TayUmSwift wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:52 pm Baken's switched sides.

It's Brittney, not Brittany ;) :smashcomp