Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by joshuabeau »

Bro this intro!!!! Holy fuck!!!!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

CrowsOnAWire wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 amHow do we get onto the NZ iTunes?
Just go to the bottom right corner of the store where your stores region is. Click on that and change it to NZ instead of your current region, it will sign you out of your acc but you can still listen to previews from their timezone.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Some speed metal elements in this…

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Just heard it, sounds fucking great. Speed metal intro combined with a sludgy, chugging verse.

Edit: only heard the 1min30s preview
Last edited by CrowsOnAWire on Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

CrowsOnAWire wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:50 am Just heard it, sounds fucking great. Speed metal intro combined with a sludgy, chugging verse.
Just what I’ve been waiting for. This song fucking rules.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

That preview sounds great. I was a little afraid that this album would lack heavy elements. But it seems like we will get a real banger tomorrow.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

They posted a preview of the intro to the song as the teaser for it being released tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTremonti/v ... 5643720105

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Heard the tune thanks to the magic of VPN. Yeah, it does sound pretty chubby, reminds me a lot of that djenty, chuggy, proggy stuff along the lines of Tesseract or Meshuggah. Too bad he's gone for a totally gooey, melodic chorus to blow that heaviness out of the water. Pretty standard bridge that resembles that riff in Desolation when he alternates between the low G# and higher octave chords.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Dolo wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:55 am Heard the tune thanks to the magic of VPN. Yeah, it does sound pretty chubby, reminds me a lot of that djenty, chuggy, proggy stuff along the lines of Tesseract or Meshuggah. Too bad he's gone for a totally gooey, melodic chorus to blow that heaviness out of the water. Pretty standard bridge that resembles that riff in Desolation when he alternates between the low G# and higher octave chords.
Did you hear the whole song? Which platform did you stream from with the VPN?

Edit: just VPN’ed and streaming the full song now on YouTube

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Heard the song through a reaction video on YouTube. (damn that dude was fast af with the upload :lol)

- Love the heavy intro and sludgy verses :headbang
- Love the melody of the verses and chorus :cloud9
- Love Marks vox on this song :cloud9
- Kind wish there wasnt an effect on the pre-chorus lines when he goes higher at the end there, though :/
- Digging the bridge instrumentals but I wish the ending riff part was extended a bit before the chorus kicked in :/
- Loved the bridge vox and melody :cloud9
- I feel like the solo was on the verge of being too short and should have been extended/had more variety in it. :/
- That first riff in the outro after the last vocal line should have been extended the whole way instead of reintroducing the intro riff because that sounded nasty. :headbang
- Of course another killer job on the drums by Ryan.

MIT so far
Marching In Time
A World Away
Let That Be Us snippet
If Not For You

Album Openers
Leave It Alone
A World Away
Bringer of War
My Last Mistake
Radical Change

Right now it's in second place in terms of album openers but I feel like that could flip with Bringer of War

Also, something to note is that I initially though the 20 seconds teaser they posted on IG the first time was from A World Away for some reason but I guess that clip is still unidentified :lol
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Really like the song, has the perfect combination of chugging riffs in the verse, thrash/speed metal riffs, a soaring, melodic chorus and a slash and burn solo to close it out. A good way to start the album as it’s the first track.

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

CrowsOnAWire wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:46 am
Dolo wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:55 am Heard the tune thanks to the magic of VPN. Yeah, it does sound pretty chubby, reminds me a lot of that djenty, chuggy, proggy stuff along the lines of Tesseract or Meshuggah. Too bad he's gone for a totally gooey, melodic chorus to blow that heaviness out of the water. Pretty standard bridge that resembles that riff in Desolation when he alternates between the low G# and higher octave chords.
Did you hear the whole song? Which platform did you stream from with the VPN?

Edit: just VPN’ed and streaming the full song now on YouTube
Not OP but I used Express VPN and set it to New Zealand. Search "A World Away" on YouTube and it's a few results down.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Yeah this is a solid song in my opinion. Love the chuggy intro and verse melody, but also think it'd be an incredible song if the same aggressiveness was continued into the chorus. Otherwise a fantastic song, the outro is great too.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

What a way to kick off this album! Holy shit. The stomping intro into that ghastly, heavy riff is spectacular.
Mark's vocals on this album are top freaking notch.
The chorus didn't catch me at first but I started humming along by the second listen.
Blistering solo as usual, Mr. Tremonti.

I can't wait to hear this in better quality. I too heard the tune in a Youtuber reaction video and I thank that dude profusely!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Fair play to Mark if he can pull off the beginning to that chorus live.

"But I'm still trying to BELIEEEEEEEEEVE... I swear that I will leave today"

:rockon

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Mark's been preaching for as long as I can remember that there's no sense in making everything heavy all the time. He likes the dynamics and the softer parts contrast to make the heavier parts seem that much heavier. That being said... I don't think I've EVER heard a better example of that philosophy in one song. I'm still itching to hear something more consistently brutal from him, but this will do just fine for now. Absolutely love the chorus.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to go mop my face up from the floor - it's been there since the intro melted it off. :headbang x1000

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Havent heard the song yet as Im at work. But I am disappointed that he wont be pushing himself vocally. I was really hoping he might push himself into the 5th octave this time around. Hes been pretty close twice before. Trust being one and I cant think of the other off the top of my head. Ah well. Excited to hear this one. Maybe it will finally sell the album for me.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Should've used the speed metal drumming in the chorus. Would've tied the whole thing together. Would've worked perfectly with the melody. They always could've opened it up towards the end, but now it just feels like three songs.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

3 songs underway now. I like the diversity so far a lot. Looks we are getting a nice one again from this great band. As said before, unfortunately Mark Tremonti has this side-project called Alter Bridge. I like the last Tremonti albums so much better than everything from TLH and WTS. Without these AB-hiatus-delays we could have more Tremonti-albums. Wishfull thinking, I know.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Great song overall. I feel like there is some wasted potential in the bridge tho