Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Ubik »

Yeah but there's like ten others in the meantime to get! Also been holding off on stuff like RDR2 and Control because I wanted to do them next-gen.

What are we thinking of the GOW Ragnarok version of Thor?

I was assuming it was gonna be a Scandi version of Kratos so I'm glad my expectations were subverted! Obviously it's no Myles, though.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Ubik wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:47 pm What are we thinking of the GOW Ragnarok version of Thor
It's cool to see Ryan Hurst's name there. Very solid, underrated actor.

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy on PC? I can only get so *horny*, Sony.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Just played Breathedge, basically a Subnautica rip set in space. You can build a space-car called the "ZAZ"! Liked the retro-futurism look of it and the sense of scale is amazing at times, second half was disappointingly dull though and they really push the humour which for the most part really doesn't hit (with the exception of one great post-completion gag.) Still say it's worth a play if you see it on discount and enjoyed Sub.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or I'll sue Breathedge for brand infringement and use that money to upgrade my pc.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 pm You can build a space-car called the "ZAZ"!
Must get.

I took a look on Steam, looks interesting, lots of reviews similar to yours. I'll keep an eye on it.

Anyone get Deathloop? Gamespot gave it a 10/10, but I saw reviews that its framerate stutters like it did for Dishonored 2, even on good PCs (which mine is and does). I want to get it, but figure I'll wait for them to smooth it out. Apparently they run a tool in the background to make sure you're running a legit copy of the game and that slows everything down. Maybe a good Christmastime pickup.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Been playing this new game (I actually don't know how NEW it is, but I digress) with a couple friends of mine. Well, one of them is a friend, the other is an acquaintance. Maybe not an acquaintance, more like a bum. I won't say his name, but he knows who he is.

It's basically a mix of Halo and Portal and it's a ton of fun. Free to play, too!
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Splitgate. He's playing Splitgate.

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 pm Been playing this new game (I actually don't know how NEW it is, but I digress) with a couple friends of mine. Well, one of them is a friend, the other is an acquaintance. Maybe not an acquaintance, more like a bum. I won't say his name, but he knows who he is.

It's basically a mix of Halo and Portal and it's a ton of fun. Free to play, too!
You said neither the name of your friends nor the game :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Really cannot recommend Outer Wilds enough, they just released a DLC which I feel like was almost as long as the main game and also wasn't just a rehash of the existing gameplay.

Do wanna get Deathloop as well, loved Dishonored, what's the deal with the review bombing though? Guessing it's a combination of Xbox and PS fanboys being incoherent.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Was Deathloop a timed PS exclusive? If so it’s probably that lol. I can’t remember if it was or not though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or Andy’s PlayStation thing.

Post by zazthespaz »

I picked up Outer Wilds on sale over the weekend! Having fun with it so far!

I think the negative reviews might come from PC players, I read some reviews saying there’s some stuttering on some graphics cards I think. I had it on Dishonored 2 and had the same issue. I think people expected that to have been fixed by now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Awesome! Hope you enjoy now I've built it up...

Yeah it's a PS timed exclusive but also a Bethesda game so any sequel will be Xbox exclusive, which gives both sides reasons to be weird. Can definitely understand frustration over glitches like that (heeeey Bethesda) but it's getting like 0/10 user reviews on metacritic which seems harsh!

davidstvz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by davidstvz »

Still playing Slay the Spire. They've released what they've said is the final patch and that patch has made it's way even to the mobile versions. Highly recommended! The game was good in early access Beta, but in it's final form it is just sublime.

Also, my new Switch OLED arrives tomorrow (my old one went missing/stolen while moving a few months back). Just in time for Metroid Dread.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: At least Call of Duty doesn't make me feel stupid.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:07 am Awesome! Hope you enjoy now I've built it up...
I am! I saw a YouTube team I follow play it about a year ago and thought it was cool then, then a streamer/podcaster I follow started playing it (JPC, Bobby) so figured I'd give it a shot since it was on sale and I needed a new story. I've hit the part in these puzzle games though where I've hit a wall and don't know what to do. I've gone to all the planets, have a pretty full rumor board, and the 3 places that say "There's still more to explore" I feel I've exhausted all avenues on. I don't want to look up a guide (even though I just did and discovered you can "ride" the quantum rock). I think I need to review all the rumors and decide a plan of action. I know there's a way to get to the Solar Station from the Ash Twin I'm trying to figure out, and I assume there's a way to take a rocket to the Quantum Moon (knowing my ship won't do it - I've tried and the moon disappears). Any suggestions?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: At least Call of Duty doesn't make me feel stupid.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:00 pm
Ubik wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:07 am Awesome! Hope you enjoy now I've built it up...
I am! I saw a YouTube team I follow play it about a year ago and thought it was cool then, then a streamer/podcaster I follow started playing it (JPC, Bobby) so figured I'd give it a shot since it was on sale and I needed a new story. I've hit the part in these puzzle games though where I've hit a wall and don't know what to do. I've gone to all the planets, have a pretty full rumor board, and the 3 places that say "There's still more to explore" I feel I've exhausted all avenues on. I don't want to look up a guide (even though I just did and discovered you can "ride" the quantum rock). I think I need to review all the rumors and decide a plan of action. I know there's a way to get to the Solar Station from the Ash Twin I'm trying to figure out, and I assume there's a way to take a rocket to the Quantum Moon (knowing my ship won't do it - I've tried and the moon disappears). Any suggestions?
Honestly I'm pretty sure that's the point I went and found a hint as well.

So, Quantum Moon - yeah, the logs about the various quantum stuff you've learned should prod you in the right direction, whilst also considering every capability of your ship.

For the rest, even though a lot of the time you'll just be waiting, spend a cycle or two just being on Ash Twin from beginning to end focusing on each tower as it emerges.

Did you get the DLC at the same time by the way? If so, wait until you're basically finished with the main game without actually finishing before starting it, if that makes sense. Doesn't make a huge difference but does make a subtle one.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: First attempt: drive ship to sun and bail out last second.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:14 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:00 pm
Honestly I'm pretty sure that's the point I went and found a hint as well.

So, Quantum Moon - yeah, the logs about the various quantum stuff you've learned should prod you in the right direction, whilst also considering every capability of your ship.

For the rest, even though a lot of the time you'll just be waiting, spend a cycle or two just being on Ash Twin from beginning to end focusing on each tower as it emerges.

Did you get the DLC at the same time by the way? If so, wait until you're basically finished with the main game without actually finishing before starting it, if that makes sense. Doesn't make a huge difference but does make a subtle one.
I was afraid it'd be a lot of reading and waiting from here on out :lol You've got me wondering about my ship though, I'll have to think about what I can do with that... hmmm....

Yeah I did buy the DLC. I haven't seen anything about DLC in the game yet though, will it become evident when I should do that/when the DLC starts?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

All I need to say.

Post by Andy92 »

Metroid Dread

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: First attempt: drive ship to sun and bail out last second.

Post by Ubik »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:53 pm I was afraid it'd be a lot of reading and waiting from here on out :lol You've got me wondering about my ship though, I'll have to think about what I can do with that... hmmm....

Yeah I did buy the DLC. I haven't seen anything about DLC in the game yet though, will it become evident when I should do that/when the DLC starts?
Reading is fun! Now I'm hoping you've got the clues I'm thinking of so you don't just read a load of unhelpful ones again and again...

It's basically picked up via a new exhibit (as in, it says "new exhibit" on it) in the museum. You can really do it when you want, it just uses parts of your log for stuff so it's best to have the main game more or less solved before starting it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Anyone getting/got Far Cry 6? I'm on the fence about buying it at full price or just waiting for a sale :lol Only FC game I ever played was Primal and even though it was a completely different time period, Im concerned about it feeling the same way/not being different enough and all the reviews for Far Cry 6 say its just a reskined Far Cry 3, 4, 5 etc.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:11 am Anyone getting/got Far Cry 6? I'm on the fence about buying it at full price or just waiting for a sale :lol Only FC game I ever played was Primal and even though it was a completely different time period, Im concerned about it feeling the same way/not being different enough and all the reviews for Far Cry 6 say its just a reskined Far Cry 3, 4, 5 etc.
I had Farcry 5 and it was pretty good and I actually loved Farcry Primal. However, all Ubisoft games really are just reskins of previous games. I have read great things about FC6 but I will probably wait until it's a little cheaper to get it.
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It’ll be on sale in like 2-3 months if you wait, it’s a Ubisoft game lol