Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by WaywardOne »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:42 pm Man I wish we knew what exactly happened with Garrett. He just replied to someone post, seemingly throwing a bit of shade at Tremonti.
Someone put
"I know he played with tremonti a bit during their early days wondering what happened dude is nasty"
Garrett replied to dude
"I moved on to something better"

Kind of a bummer.
Oh dang. He may not have meant anything by it, but yeah hard not to wonder. Based on what Mark said in a recent interview they needed Ryan while he was out for personal reasons, but decided to stick with him. It's possible GW could've been upset they didn't let him come back when he got better.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:42 pm Man I wish we knew what exactly happened with Garrett. He just replied to someone post, seemingly throwing a bit of shade at Tremonti.
Someone put
"I know he played with tremonti a bit during their early days wondering what happened dude is nasty"
Garrett replied to dude

Kind of a bummer.
Shame. His talent is a wasted in WVH.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 pm
Someone put
Garrett replied to dude

Kind of a bummer.
Wasted is such a strong word to say in something like this. Him saying moving on to something better is just a proper headspace state of mind when sometimes, things just doesn't work out the way one hopes regarding Garrett and Tremonti.

I'm sure things are going to be fine with Garrett in Mammoth WVH. I was actually offered a ticket at face value at around $30 or so from a guy in another forum to go see them at the Whisky in LA and I was like, "Give me a few day to think about it, if you want to resell it, resell it." Hours later, the guy told me that his ticket sold on Stubhub for around $200.00. Not too beat about it. I'm sure there's plenty of chances to see them in the LA area. Hopefully at the Wiltern, one day.

I'm sure everything will smooth itself out if Mammoth WVH ends up being the main support act for AB in their next Europe tour (because that's how the branches in the AB tree rolls).

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

anguyen92 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:46 pm
Crumbso wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 pm
Someone put
Garrett replied to dude

Kind of a bummer.
Wasted is such a strong word to say in something like this. Him saying moving on to something better is just a proper headspace state of mind when sometimes, things just doesn't work out the way one hopes regarding Garrett and Tremonti.

I'm sure things are going to be fine with Garrett in Mammoth WVH. I was actually offered a ticket at face value at around $30 or so from a guy in another forum to go see them at the Whisky in LA and I was like, "Give me a few day to think about it, if you want to resell it, resell it." Hours later, the guy told me that his ticket sold on Stubhub for around $200.00. Not too beat about it. I'm sure there's plenty of chances to see them in the LA area. Hopefully at the Wiltern, one day.

I'm sure everything will smooth itself out if Mammoth WVH ends up being the main support act for AB in their next Europe tour (because that's how the branches in the AB tree rolls).
What I mean is that the WVH material is not a great showcase for Garrett's available skills. It's very straight ahead and simple modern rock. I do wish the best for Garrett and WVH though and I'm sure it'll be financially successful. It's just not to my taste... a bit safe.

It's just a shame that Tremonti and Garrett seemed like they didn't part ways on particularly good terms. That's always a bit sad.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

drummers are replaceable. but the right drummer? indispensable. and i think mark may have found that in ryan. i really don't think it was garrett.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

Under The Sun wins the "has grown on me the most" award. In One Piece and Would You Kill have also grown on me considerably.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Ryan's the man.
From what I see, he can play his ass off and he has a positive attitude.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I consider myself to be an absolute Tremonti-freak, so I ordered them all. And happy with them !
But maybe, just maybe, 9 different vinyl- versions is a little but over the top.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:14 pm Under The Sun wins the "has grown on me the most" award. In One Piece and Would You Kill have also grown on me considerably.
BUT YOU'RE MIIIIIIIINE

Can I hear a keyboard during that part?

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

After some time with both, I absolutely adore the bonus tracks. They should've been on the album. Somehow.

Those strings that come in during the second chorus on "Walking Beside Me." Wow.

And weirdly enough, my therapist listened to it (we talked about the song in relation to the loss of my dad) and noted the drum fill before the final chorus. He was like "oh man, that fill really brings it home." I hadn't even noticed it but... he's right!! :lol

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Is there anywhere non-vinyl holders like myself could listen to Forgive myself and Walking beside me ?

Flet
Brand New Start

Post by Flet »

It took me a while to get into this album. I think because I just loved A Dying Machine so much it took a few good listens. And it’s true. This is definitely a Tremonti album. But it’s great.
Just wish they’d remix Cauterize.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

'Let That Be Us' needs a music video like right now :lol

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

I think that it's obvious that something happened between Mark and Garret, just noticed that they don't follow each other on Instagram

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Ok, I wanted to live with the album for awhile before ranking the songs, but I still can't do it. I've never had this happen before. I know for sure now that it's because this is his most complete album. I know alot of people are gonna disagree with that, especially with the some of the hate I've seen for In One Piece and Bleak, but I love those songs too. Mark has truly settled into his voice, and the vocal melodies are top notch from beginning to end. What felt like getting lost in the hype at first now just tells me that this one is special.

But hey, that's just, like, my opinion, man... :peace

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Dan Dando wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:02 pm 'Let That Be Us' needs a music video like right now :lol
:yeahthat
WaywardOne wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:06 pm Ok, I wanted to live with the album for awhile before ranking the songs, but I still can't do it. I've never had this happen before. I know for sure now that it's because this is his most complete album. I know alot of people are gonna disagree with that, especially with the some of the hate I've seen for In One Piece and Bleak, but I love those songs too. Mark has truly settled into his voice, and the vocal melodies are top notch from beginning to end. What felt like getting lost in the hype at first now just tells me that this one is special.

But hey, that's just, like, my opinion, man... :peace
I'm kind of with you on this one. It doesn't bump any of my top 3 or 4 favorite Tremonti songs, but almost everything is in the upper half of his catalog and nothing really misses for me. It's really good all the way through.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

billdrambis
Brand New Start

Post by billdrambis »

Any theories on the song meaning for The Last One Of Us?

Love the thoughtful finger picked part before the bridge; its crazy that a short instrumental part like that can you feel so much. Its maybe my favorite bridge on the album even though its short. Vocal gets me every time. Then of course you've got the double solo on the way out which doesnt hurt.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I can't remember if it was discussed or not, but the album sold 6450 copies in its first week. It landed at #184 on the Billboard 200.

sources:
https://metalinsider.net/columns/metal- ... -in-charts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marching_in_Time#Charts

Previous albums:
- All I Was: 12000 copies (#29)
- Cauterize: 17444 copies (#34)
- Dust: 14000 copies (#34)
- A Dying Machine: 10000 copies (#57)

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yeah, sadly the album is performing pretty weak in the charts.