Pawns & Kings (Alter Bridge - VII)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge - VII

Post by Crumbso »

12 songs sounds good to me. Less songs is usually easier to digest. I am fairly intrigued to see what came out of two separate songwriters individually. It's always fun (and not always easy) to guess which song came from which writer.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 amWhy not sell the stems seperately? You still stand by the final product, but you're acknowledging those fans that are passionate (aka critical) about music production as well, whilst making money from them on top of that. I believe Lamb of God did something like that a while back.
I'd pay some good money for this. I love producing music and mixing, so aside from editing stuff to my own taste, it would be an excellent learning too.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Seems like they are preparing the AB-website for announcing tourdates…………….

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Dolo wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:35 pm
riemslag1 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:20 pm Useless to discuss or argue these kind of things with a stubborn guy like this who considers his own opinions nothing less than the absolute truth. If you do not agree with him now you are supposed to be trapped in a cult. Serious ? He literally thinks you approve of all AB does if you don’t share his view on production. Of course he is entitled to have and share his view on it, but he just does not accept any other opinion on it than his own.
And it just will continue every upcoming album-cycle…………………
I respect everybody's opinion, it just shocked me that we've been having a pretty civil and substantive discussion on the topic and suddenly you felt the urge to use the word 'hater' which immediately lowered down the level of the discourse to absolute zero. That's what happens when you run out of arguments.
Only just read this, also beceause I was distracted by the discussion later with TT. Don't really understand where that came from, but probably that is beceause I'm facebook-less ; too old for that.
The word "hater" never left my keyboard though. Quote me where that was the case.
Indeed the level of this discussion was lowered the moment that those who do not agree with certain production-opinions where labelled as cult-members. But those are the ligit arguments you are probably referring to. Pretty civil indeed.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

riemslag1 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:20 pm Useless to discuss or argue these kind of things with a stubborn guy like this who considers his own opinions nothing less than the absolute truth. If you do not agree with him now you are supposed to be trapped in a cult. Serious ? He literally thinks you approve of all AB does if you don’t share his view on production. Of course he is entitled to have and share his view on it, but he just does not accept any other opinion on it than his own.
You may have a problem with me, but I don't have a problem with you. :wave
We're having a discussion on a message board, and I'm just stating my opinion and answering the questions other members ask me.
I don't try and convince anyone. I just trust my ears, and I am open to other opinions. That being said, it's very unlikely anyone will manage to convince me Elvis is as great as both Mark and Myles claim he is. :shrug
[/quote]

Absolutely have no problem with you.
in contrary, I often enjoy your contributions and enjoy your background knowledge of certain issues.
But yes, I get irritated you keep on disqualifying everybody as nitwits just for not sharing your opinions on mainly the production isuue.
I just can not open any topic or thread without you nagging about the production and Elvis.
Did you know there are separate threads about production-issues ?
If you concentrate your continuous nagging about production to those threads, than we do not have to be confronted with your tunnelvision in every other topic or thread. And all you production-critics can tell each other all the time how right you are
Will not happen, I know, but that's no reason not to address it.
If nobody opposes your continuous statements about production, you really gonna believe that you own the truth.
And as already stated before I have absolutely no problem with you.
How could I ? I don't know you.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I know we have to move forward and we will, but certain posts just deserve to be answered

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

riemslag1 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:45 pm
I respect everybody's opinion, it just shocked me that we've been having a pretty civil and substantive discussion on the topic and suddenly you felt the urge to use the word 'hater' which immediately lowered down the level of the discourse to absolute zero. That's what happens when you run out of arguments.
Only just read this, also beceause I was distracted by the discussion later with TT. Don't really understand where that came from, but probably that is beceause I'm facebook-less ; too old for that.
The word "hater" never left my keyboard though. Quote me where that was the case.
Indeed the level of this discussion was lowered the moment that those who do not agree with certain production-opinions where labelled as cult-members. But those are the ligit arguments you are probably referring to. Pretty civil indeed.
I'm sorry man, I could swear it was you who used the word 'hater' but actually it was TenaciousBe who did that, my apologies. It wasn't me though, who labelled some of the folks on here as cult-members, however you might get that impression sometimes.
The word 'hater' isn't strictly Facebook-related, not sure where that came from. I'm personally quite sick of it - whenever you dare to have an opinion that differs from the general consensus that term gets often used.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

riemslag1 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:59 pm Absolutely have no problem with you.
in contrary, I often enjoy your contributions and enjoy your background knowledge of certain issues.
:cheers

But yes, I get irritated you keep on disqualifying everybody as nitwits.
That may be your perception of my posts, but that is never my intent. I've been writing on message boards for over 20 years, and I never get into virtual fights with anybody. It's always a waste of time and energy.

I just can not open any topic or thread without you nagging about the production and Elvis.
I'm not sure I was the one who started talking about production this time, but now that I think of it, it should indeed have been in a dedicated thread.

If you concentrate your continuous nagging about production to those threads, than we do not have to be confronted with your tunnelvision in every other topic or thread.
We're talking about music around here.
Sound quality is an essential part of the equation, isn't it?

If nobody opposes your continuous statements about production, you really gonna believe that you own the truth.
Again, you're wrong about my intent.
I have strong convictions about that kind of topic, and I like to explain what I think, but I know there is no truth whatsoever about anything, especially when we're talking about music.

riemslag1 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:45 pm Only just read this, also beceause I was distracted by the discussion later with TT. Don't really understand where that came from, but probably that is beceause I'm facebook-less ; too old for that.
Indeed the level of this discussion was lowered the moment that those who do not agree with certain production-opinions where labelled as cult-members.
Just to be clear, and then I'll move on from that argument: I think the cult mentality is definitely something that exists on the Internet, especially on social media. On official accounts, a lot of followers kiss ass and refuse to acknowledge anything wrong done by their favourite band. It's also a thing on certain message boards.
When I was writing my post, I was actually thinking about the Michael Jackson and Megadeth forums, which were filled with rude and arrogant fans. The Creed board that was up a few years ago wasn't much better. I hated those places.
On the other hand, on some other boards, almost everybody feels free to criticize the band, and nobody gets offended by it.
If I thought TABN was a horrible board filled with horrible people, I would have left a long time ago. Yet, here I am, still debating about Elvis and other stuff, because it's still fun to me. :P

TLDR: I've said what I had to say about that topic. Now, let's focus on ABVII. :headbang

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

agree with that last statement, bring it on !

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Dolo wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:35 pm
riemslag1 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:45 pm
I'm sorry man, I could swear it was you who used the word 'hater' but actually it was TenaciousBe who did that, my apologies. It wasn't me though, who labelled some of the folks on here as cult-members, however you might get that impression sometimes.
The word 'hater' isn't strictly Facebook-related, not sure where that came from. I'm personally quite sick of it - whenever you dare to have an opinion that differs from the general consensus that term gets often used.
No problem ! Let's move on.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

One point for ABVII. I'm guessing that Mark is going to be using his MT100 amp on this! I'm wondering how that is going to sound in comparison to the MT15 he's been using of late.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Crumbso wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:39 pm One point for ABVII. I'm guessing that Mark is going to be using his MT100 amp on this! I'm wondering how that is going to sound in comparison to the MT15 he's been using of late.
I believe some kind of MT100 prototype has already been used to record Marching in Time. But I could be mistaken.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Timotheus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 am
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pm
Timotheus wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:03 pm
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 amsave the next step and don’t DM asking for help whenever you regain your mental stability.
Handling conflicts with grace as always!
Ya know how this works..
if I say nothing, I’m a prick.
If I reply but the folks don’t like what I am saying, I’m a prick.
If I standup for myself or friends when people are being needless assholes, I’m a prick.

The golden rule, treat people the way that you’re treated. Don’t like it, don’t tag me. Im always respectful but if someone is a going to try to kick, I’ll kick back. Then, when they cry about “you shouldn’t do that because of your job.. blah blah blah” it’s a weak stance. Obviously I still have my job and have grown my company massively. So I win.
I don't know, man. DC3 came in here as well, "kicking back" to the "needless" assholes regarding the box set. I think in retrospect, we were 100% right to point out the many flaws with that project. It was mostly on this board, where we were able to express our concerns. In the Facebook groups you'd get banned or ridiculed by all the "true" fans.

Now, I'm not comparing you, your company or Elvis with DC3 and the boxset. I think your company delivers consistently and I have no doubt your heart is with the band(s), the music and all people involved. But I do think there are different ways of handling negativity. At my current job (software engineer) we literally pay people to criticize our projects, so we can improve it.

Fans of the band have been addressing the production issue over a decade now. Why not sell the stems seperately? You still stand by the final product, but you're acknowledging those fans that are passionate (aka critical) about music production as well, whilst making money from them on top of that. I believe Lamb of God did something like that a while back.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the news!
DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:28 am I hope this topic can now stay clear of arguments and drama, and also a bit less about Elvis' production and sound to focus more on the actual news, including one that got buried under all the FB group drama : Mark said 14 songs were fully written, with 12 that will be recorded and put on the album! Hopefully those 2 longer songs / epics made the cut! Also, fkn excited about the upcoming announcement. ABVII LFG!
That's pretty good news. Glad they're focussing on a smaller group of songs!
I respect everyones opinion and feel everyone to listens to the band deserves to have one. I saw people from this forum in person, totally fake smile and ask me for stuff face to face only to slam me here feeling protected behind their screen name.. Ive seen people from here rip on Elvis and then get photos with him. I just think its gutless.. I have apologized to folks in the past for ripping um a new one just because I didn't like what they had to saying and I was proud. I learned from those actions and showed humility. There are a few however that time and time again try to push my buttons and needlessly be dicks.. Thats their prerogative but I have told them to leave me alone and to not talk to me. There is nothing wrong with that but when they keep coming back poking, you have to stand up for yourself. The comment "a rep of the band shouldn't comment to people like that" is small minded, I am not a punching bag and have no problem telling those people that. Its not say whatever you want to Tim and have nothing said back.. Ill tear um up (as you have seen) and then those people DM me how sorry they are but dont say it in the thread.. I mean be a man. I am tagged in it or asked the direct question, otherwise I dont go down the rabbit hole anymore.

Say you dont like the production, all good!
Say you dont their writing style, all good!
Say you dont like this or that - hey, thats ok!
To say its Elvis' fault if just wrong, its not Elvis you dont like - its Alter Bridge. Even as I write this I am sitting in the room while they are cutting guitars and I am hearing Mark and Myles sound scape this thing to their liking. A few pages ago someone made a personal attack on Elvis saying no one else works with Elvis... Chevelle moved on ( blah blah blah) but like, the facts are thats not true at all! Do I just not say anything and let people keep barfing up nonsensical fiction? those people are just bullies.

Anyway, you'll shit when you see what's coming. Its pretty cool, AB is angry again.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Anyway, you'll shit when you see what's coming. Its pretty cool, AB is angry again.
AHHH IM ALREADY SHITTING!! :headbang

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

TTournier wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pm
Timotheus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 am
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pm
Timotheus wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:03 pm
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 amsave the next step and don’t DM asking for help whenever you regain your mental stability.
Handling conflicts with grace as always!
Ya know how this works..
if I say nothing, I’m a prick.
If I reply but the folks don’t like what I am saying, I’m a prick.
If I standup for myself or friends when people are being needless assholes, I’m a prick.

The golden rule, treat people the way that you’re treated. Don’t like it, don’t tag me. Im always respectful but if someone is a going to try to kick, I’ll kick back. Then, when they cry about “you shouldn’t do that because of your job.. blah blah blah” it’s a weak stance. Obviously I still have my job and have grown my company massively. So I win.
I don't know, man. DC3 came in here as well, "kicking back" to the "needless" assholes regarding the box set. I think in retrospect, we were 100% right to point out the many flaws with that project. It was mostly on this board, where we were able to express our concerns. In the Facebook groups you'd get banned or ridiculed by all the "true" fans.

Now, I'm not comparing you, your company or Elvis with DC3 and the boxset. I think your company delivers consistently and I have no doubt your heart is with the band(s), the music and all people involved. But I do think there are different ways of handling negativity. At my current job (software engineer) we literally pay people to criticize our projects, so we can improve it.

Fans of the band have been addressing the production issue over a decade now. Why not sell the stems seperately? You still stand by the final product, but you're acknowledging those fans that are passionate (aka critical) about music production as well, whilst making money from them on top of that. I believe Lamb of God did something like that a while back.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the news!
DarkKnight12 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:28 am I hope this topic can now stay clear of arguments and drama, and also a bit less about Elvis' production and sound to focus more on the actual news, including one that got buried under all the FB group drama : Mark said 14 songs were fully written, with 12 that will be recorded and put on the album! Hopefully those 2 longer songs / epics made the cut! Also, fkn excited about the upcoming announcement. ABVII LFG!
That's pretty good news. Glad they're focussing on a smaller group of songs!
I respect everyones opinion and feel everyone to listens to the band deserves to have one. I saw people from this forum in person, totally fake smile and ask me for stuff face to face only to slam me here feeling protected behind their screen name.. Ive seen people from here rip on Elvis and then get photos with him. I just think its gutless.. I have apologized to folks in the past for ripping um a new one just because I didn't like what they had to saying and I was proud. I learned from those actions and showed humility. There are a few however that time and time again try to push my buttons and needlessly be dicks.. Thats their prerogative but I have told them to leave me alone and to not talk to me. There is nothing wrong with that but when they keep coming back poking, you have to stand up for yourself. The comment "a rep of the band shouldn't comment to people like that" is small minded, I am not a punching bag and have no problem telling those people that. Its not say whatever you want to Tim and have nothing said back.. Ill tear um up (as you have seen) and then those people DM me how sorry they are but dont say it in the thread.. I mean be a man. I am tagged in it or asked the direct question, otherwise I dont go down the rabbit hole anymore.

Say you dont like the production, all good!
Say you dont their writing style, all good!
Say you dont like this or that - hey, thats ok!
To say its Elvis' fault if just wrong, its not Elvis you dont like - its Alter Bridge. Even as I write this I am sitting in the room while they are cutting guitars and I am hearing Mark and Myles sound scape this thing to their liking. A few pages ago someone made a personal attack on Elvis saying no one else works with Elvis... Chevelle moved on ( blah blah blah) but like, the facts are thats not true at all! Do I just not say anything and let people keep barfing up nonsensical fiction? those people are just bullies.

That was a great reply and I hope this can put to bed all this "drama" so we can get excited about the news and the album itself! Tim, isn't it almost midnight in Florida? You guys working HARD.

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Also guys Holy Shit the AB website has been updated. The Pawns & Kings tour, will that be the name of the record? :eek
That line up is insane btw! Also I see a Switzerland date ! :headbang

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

[/quote]

That was a great reply and I hope this can put to bed all this "drama" so we can get excited about the news and the album itself! Tim, isn't it almost midnight in Florida? You guys working HARD.
[/quote]

Never ending never done!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pmObviously I still have my job and have grown my company massively. So I win.
:facepalm

i understand being irritated by trolls, but as a representative of the band, this is not a good look and reminds me of the kinds of things i posted online when i was wildly insecure about myself

as someone who's been there, this is not the way, i promise you

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

scarecrow wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:58 pm
TTournier wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:28 pmObviously I still have my job and have grown my company massively. So I win.
:facepalm

i understand being irritated by trolls, but as a representative of the band, this is not a good look and reminds me of the kinds of things i posted online when i was wildly insecure about myself

as someone who's been there, this is not the way, i promise you
Bruh, please let's just move on

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

it's possible to think mark's vocals are impossible low in the mix on 'forever falling' while still thinking the song is amazing

i swear, you can feel both things y'all :P

there definitely are changes i'd make sonically to most of their records but it's ab's art and they can and should do it their way - they don't owe the fans anything more than giving every album and every show their best shot