The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Honda Center for the iHeart Radio ALTer Ego festival. A couple of bands playing some sort sets. 30 Seconds to Mars, The Black Keys, The 1975, Sum 41, Bush, Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy, and more.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Seriously. Listen to Haven or The Awakening. Thank me later.

Post by Merinda »

I spend a lot of my time on Reddit this days. More than I do on Facebook, Instagram etc. But it doesn't feel as close knit as a place like this. I feel like I know so many of you and have for so long and I don't find that anywhere else.

I do miss this place a lot.

What's new in everyone's lives?

I'm getting married in May, nearly at exchanging contracts on a house, got a few gigs lined up this year. Caligula's Horse, Unleash The Archers, The Butterfly Effect, Tesseract and Scar Symmetry.. I think that's it. Also got tix to WWE Elimination Chamber and the 1 deadMAN show (feat Undertaker) in Feb which I'm buzzing for.

Now just waiting for an announcement of an Australian Kamelot tour. Tommy Karevik is the love of my life.

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Seriously. Listen to Haven or The Awakening. Thank me later.

Post by maximzub »

Merinda wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:56 pm I spend a lot of my time on Reddit this days. More than I do on Facebook, Instagram etc. But it doesn't feel as close knit as a place like this. I feel like I know so many of you and have for so long and I don't find that anywhere else.

I'm getting married in May, nearly at exchanging contracts on a house, got a few gigs lined up this year. Caligula's Horse, Unleash The Archers, The Butterfly Effect, Tesseract and Scar Symmetry.. I think that's it. Also got tix to WWE Elimination Chamber and the 1 deadMAN show (feat Undertaker) in Feb which I'm buzzing for.

Now just waiting for an announcement of an Australian Kamelot tour. Tommy Karevik is the love of my life.
I don't see you a lot on here, so it's always very nice to see you check in every once in a while. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Wishing you the best!

As for me, I'm currently doing an internship at my dad's company until my winter break from college ends and I return to Platteville next week for my second semester of sophomore year. I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be weird without my best Platteville friend Dylan there, but at least I'll have other friends, such as my "platonic girlfriend" Kelly (I call it that because our friendship is almost as close as a romantic relationship despite neither of us being romantically interested in the other).

I'm still keeping up the music when I have time. I'm looking to release a couple singles very soon. I'm also working on writing a semi-fictional novel, and I'm halfway through it. Hopefully I'll have that done by the end of the school year. As for shows, I've only got tickets for one so far (Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, and Plush on Friday), but there are several more that I am eyeing, so this might be my biggest concert year yet.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I got nothing going for me. I went to see this iHeartRadio festival that had like 8 Alt. Rock bands playing 20-30 min. sets last Saturday. That was all right.

I do plan on seeing Avenged Sevenfold in Cleveland in March and I'm contemplating whether or not I should take a train ride from Cleveland to Pittsburgh to watch a hockey game the day after the A7X show. So far, the price ranges for a lot of stuff (like AirBnb prices and plane tickets and the price of the hockey game) hasn't been as cooperative unlike the Grand Rapids/Chicago trip I took last summer where I went to see AB in Grand Rapids and then went to see a live show of a podcast I regularly listen to in Chicago.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

The concert announcements keep coming. Sum 41 is coming to Milwaukee in April. That's another one I'm considering. Currently on my consideration list are Breaking Benjamin + Daughtry, Sum 41, Hog Fest (Staind, I Prevail, and Asking Alexandria), Starset, Plush, All Time Low, and Metallica.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: I waited 30 minutes for a single slice of pizza today

Post by Merinda »

maximzub wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:12 am I don't see you a lot on here, so it's always very nice to see you check in every once in a while. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Wishing you the best!

As for me, I'm currently doing an internship at my dad's company until my winter break from college ends and I return to Platteville next week for my second semester of sophomore year. I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be weird without my best Platteville friend Dylan there, but at least I'll have other friends, such as my "platonic girlfriend" Kelly (I call it that because our friendship is almost as close as a romantic relationship despite neither of us being romantically interested in the other).

I'm still keeping up the music when I have time. I'm looking to release a couple singles very soon. I'm also working on writing a semi-fictional novel, and I'm halfway through it. Hopefully I'll have that done by the end of the school year. As for shows, I've only got tickets for one so far (Disturbed, Falling In Reverse, and Plush on Friday), but there are several more that I am eyeing, so this might be my biggest concert year yet.
Thank you :)

I'm trying to be a bit more active on here. I have started a new job that has a bit of down time so I have been visiting the forum every time I think of it when it's quiet.

I like 'platonic girlfriend'. We should all totally have 'platonic' partners in our lives.

A novel! That's super cool!! Can you tell us what it's about?
anguyen92 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:46 am I got nothing going for me. I went to see this iHeartRadio festival that had like 8 Alt. Rock bands playing 20-30 min. sets last Saturday. That was all right.

I do plan on seeing Avenged Sevenfold in Cleveland in March and I'm contemplating whether or not I should take a train ride from Cleveland to Pittsburgh to watch a hockey game the day after the A7X show. So far, the price ranges for a lot of stuff (like AirBnb prices and plane tickets and the price of the hockey game) hasn't been as cooperative unlike the Grand Rapids/Chicago trip I took last summer where I went to see AB in Grand Rapids and then went to see a live show of a podcast I regularly listen to in Chicago.
My SO is a big A7X fan but he's overplayed them for me and now they annoy me lol.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL TO THE KIIIING goes through my head all the time.
maximzub wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:54 pm The concert announcements keep coming. Sum 41 is coming to Milwaukee in April. That's another one I'm considering. Currently on my consideration list are Breaking Benjamin + Daughtry, Sum 41, Hog Fest (Staind, I Prevail, and Asking Alexandria), Starset, Plush, All Time Low, and Metallica.
Bloody Breaking Benjamin. I wish Ben B would just get his shit together and tour Australia. I get he has his horrible fear of flying but dude. I've been a fan for like 12 years and haven't had the opportunity to see them.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re: I was in bed so didn't bother getting up to ask

Post by Merinda »

Some actual randomness.

Last night I heard my sister shout the following:

'WHAT IS THAT!! WHAT IS THAT?! -pause-

Is that a kiwi fruit? -pause-

It's attached to my pants.'

No further context.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:56 pm I spend a lot of my time on Reddit this days. More than I do on Facebook, Instagram etc. But it doesn't feel as close knit as a place like this. I feel like I know so many of you and have for so long and I don't find that anywhere else.

You wouldn't have to miss this place if you visited more often Min! :P

Whats new in my life? I guess just trying to potentially start a relationship with a coworker so I'm working on that.

Congrats on getting engaged/soon to be married! :peace

How can Tommy be the love of your life if he's not the one you're getting married to :headscratch :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Hopefully it was just a kiwi fruit

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:49 pm Some actual randomness.

Last night I heard my sister shout the following:

'WHAT IS THAT!! WHAT IS THAT?! -pause-

Is that a kiwi fruit? -pause-

It's attached to my pants.'

No further context.
Should have got up and investigated, sleep can wait :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Re:

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:00 am You wouldn't have to miss this place if you visited more often Min! :P

Whats new in my life? I guess just trying to potentially start a relationship with a coworker so I'm working on that.

Congrats on getting engaged/soon to be married! :peace

How can Tommy be the love of your life if he's not the one you're getting married to :headscratch :lol
I'm working on it Shea!!!

Oooo tell us about your coworker.

Thank you <3

I have many loves of my life. Vocalist - Tommy. Actor - Henry Cavill. Author - Greig Beck etc etc.

My fiance is aware of this lol.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:03 am Should have got up and investigated, sleep can wait :lol
We'll never know. :shifty

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

We need to drum up some interest in the forums again. I miss everyone.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: subject line here

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 amI'm working on it Shea!!!

Oooo tell us about your coworker.

Thank you <3

I have many loves of my life. Vocalist - Tommy. Actor - Henry Cavill. Author - Greig Beck etc etc.

My fiance is aware of this lol.
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:03 am Should have got up and investigated, sleep can wait :lol
We'll never know. :shifty
I dont know what to tell you other than that she's quiet like me and works in another department so we don't have a lot of opportunity for conversing at work unless we cross paths/visit eachothers department or our breaks overlap. I'm thinking of asking her out for coffee pretty soon tho.

I dont know, Min that sounds like too many ;) Especially with TWO etc's :lol At least your fiance is aware that's a good start :lol Does he have any that you're aware of tho :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:31 am We need to drum up some interest in the forums again. I miss everyone.
Well Im not sure that even album releases are important enough to call people back anymore :lol

We'd need zaz, Andy, Hartie, Duane, Ryan, Timo, Chris, Monty, Inconq, Summer, abw, Micky, Drew, Fish Tacos and all the rest back.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:37 am I dont know what to tell you other than that she's quiet like me and works in another department so we don't have a lot of opportunity for conversing at work unless we cross paths/visit eachothers department or our breaks overlap. I'm thinking of asking her out for coffee pretty soon tho.

I dont know, Min that sounds like too many ;) Especially with TWO etc's :lol At least your fiance is aware that's a good start :lol Does he have any that you're aware of tho :lol
Well what does she look like? What kind of music is she into?

NAHHHHHH can never have too many.

Yep - Jenna Fischer, Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair and bloody Joanna Jędrzejczyk. She looks like a dude.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:40 am
Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:31 am We need to drum up some interest in the forums again. I miss everyone.
Well Im not sure that even album releases are important enough to call people back anymore :lol

We'd need zaz, Andy, Hartie, Duane, Ryan, Timo, Chris, Monty, Inconq, Summer, abw, Micky, Drew, Fish Tacos and all the rest back.
YES! And Lotha, Jim, Tom, Macca, Jared, Will, AB23, DonHarry... there's so many.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:46 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:37 am I dont know what to tell you other than that she's quiet like me and works in another department so we don't have a lot of opportunity for conversing at work unless we cross paths/visit eachothers department or our breaks overlap. I'm thinking of asking her out for coffee pretty soon tho.

Yep - Jenna Fischer, Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair and bloody Joanna Jędrzejczyk. She looks like a dude.
Well she's got 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 ears, 1 head, 1 nose, etc,... :lol She's a lil shorter than me and has black hair and a green streak or two through it and she's southeast Asian.

She said she's not really into anything in particular, just whatever is playing on the radio. She's not a music nerd like we are :shrug

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 am

Well she's got 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 ears, 1 head, 1 nose, etc,... :lol She's a lil shorter than me and has black hair and a green streak or two through it and she's southeast Asian.

She said she's not really into anything in particular, just whatever is playing on the radio. She's not a music nerd like we are :shrug
Wow. You'd go great providing police with a suspect description if you ever need to provide one. :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:31 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 am

Wow. You'd go great providing police with a suspect description if you ever need to provide one. :lol
:lol well let's hope I never do

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: “excuse me, you look like someone I know online.”

Post by zazthespaz »

Merinda wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:49 am
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:40 am

YES! And Lotha, Jim, Tom, Macca, Jared, Will, AB23, DonHarry... there's so many.
I actually saw someone at the gym yesterday who looked just like DonHarry! I was tempted to take a picture with him and send it on facebook.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: I waited 30 minutes for a single slice of pizza today

Post by maximzub »

Merinda wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:47 pm I like 'platonic girlfriend'. We should all totally have 'platonic' partners in our lives.

A novel! That's super cool!! Can you tell us what it's about?
Yeah, my friendship with Kelly is probably the most stable friendship I've ever had. Early last semester, before we became friends, I had romantic feelings for her, and we even went on what I thought was a date, but she thought it was only friendly. I later found out from her that she has a boyfriend, and although I struggled to come to terms with their relationship for a while, I did my best to be respectful of her feelings, and she likewise supported me throughout my journey of losing my feelings for her. That series of events brought us closer together, and now I feel so comfortable with her that I can now call her my platonic girlfriend.

The novel is my best attempt to collect the most vivid dreams I've had in my life and work them into one continuous story. Of course, I had to fill in the gaps with real-life events and events from my waking imagination. I am the main character, and all but two of the supporting characters are real people as well. The premise is that it follows me as I navigate five years of my life, starting with my sophomore year of high school. Throughout those five years, I encounter many challenges relating to my dream of pursuing music professionally, friendships and romantic relationships, and academics in high school and college.
Merinda wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:29 pm Today (May 17) is my future wedding date. Just haven't picked the year yet.
It seems like this statement may have aged well.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!